Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Showers  (Read 9405 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 09:11:31 »

Just moved into my new house and the shower is rubbish. It's got no pressure, it's like someone pouring a cup of water over your head. Does anyone know how I can improve it? The head is clear and not scaled up.
ta.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 2, 2012, 10:05:15 by 4D » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 09:16:46 »

Are you related to pericarp?

Things get better but they never get good
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 11:10:28 »

Just moved into my new house and the shower is rubbish. It's got no pressure, it's like someone pouring a cup of water over your head. Does anyone know how I can improve it? The head is clear and not scaled up.
ta.

Is it an Electric shower ie: cold feed only or is it a power shower as in hot and cold feeds?
« Last Edit: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:17:40 by Notts red » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:04:50 »

Power shower
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:05:58 »

Add some kind of pump I guess.

http://www.plumbingpages.com/featurepages/SAqualisaPumps.cfm

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:12:02 »

I'd ask the person you bought-rent from if they know of any problems with it before doing anything.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:16:22 »

Power shower
Check the pressure of both hot and cold taps in bathroom if that's where the shower is? Normally if the hot supply in the bathroom is not that strong a pump is fitted to the hot supply somewhere convienent to the shower to increase the flow. If you have a combi boiler some of them just aren't up to running power showers but most new ones should be.hopefully there is a plumber on here who could give you better advice but don't think I'm too far away with that info.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:18:01 »

Are there any stop cocks in the bathroom that may have been turned off but not turned off fully.I would have a look around under any sinks or in bottom bathroom cabinets to see if you can find any that may have been turned off.
nochee

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:19:39 »

I would move house again. this time choosing more wisely.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:24:29 »

I would move house again. this time choosing more wisely.
i know the above was said tongue in cheek but You have a point as that's the sort of thing you probably wouldn't check when looking around a potential new home. All these sorts of problems only come to light once you've moved in and can become pretty expensive to put right.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 2, 2012, 12:29:11 by Notts red » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 13:18:39 »

The shower is in the en suite. The taps are all fine; the house is only 12 years old.

If there is a pump then I guess that would probably be in the airing cupboard, can they be adjusted for pressure?

I'm venturing into the loft tonight so I may find out some more information. Smiley
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 14:15:22 »

Try taking the head off and running the shower for a few minutes, alternating between as hot as it will go to as cold as it will go, leaving it for a few seconds on each. If you have any gunk anywhere in the system, this quite often flushes it out.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 15:08:54 »

Try taking the head off and running the shower for a few minutes, alternating between as hot as it will go to as cold as it will go, leaving it for a few seconds on each. If you have any gunk anywhere in the system, this quite often flushes it out.
Good shout, I do this with our shower hoses every couple of weeks and it's surprising how my scale comes out.
4D, if the Shower has an external pump fitted and you find it you should be able to hear and feel it running once your shower is running as on occasions some pumps will cease up. Hope this helps.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 15:20:12 »

The plumbing equivalent of turning it off/on again  Smiley
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 15:36:13 »

Thanks to one and all (even Dave  Girl Giggle)

I will be trying the hot to cold to hot tactic; then check to see if there is a pump (and if it is working). I will also check that the stopcock isn't 90% closed.  Idiot
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: