Print
Author Topic: Dad  (Read 5466 times)
nochee

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, July 1, 2012, 21:42:12 »

Very sorry to read your news, Leefer.
deltaincline

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, July 1, 2012, 21:46:53 »

My heart goes out to you, fella.

I guessed as your words went on that you were pouring your heart out over a very emotional and difficult situation.

It was fascinating and sad at the same time to read your account of your dad and your family.

Best wishes to you and yours, Leefer and thanks for sharing it with us.

warksred

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, July 1, 2012, 21:56:28 »

My condolences to you and your family, Leefer.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, July 1, 2012, 22:17:46 »

Sorry to hear of your loss Lee. I know myself how sharing a few of your feelings will help you at this sad time.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 2, 2012, 11:07:35 by Notts red » Logged
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 07:32:52 »

Beautifully written Leefer
My thoughts are with you
Xx
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 07:34:13 »

Well done on being brave enough to tell us your story, condolences to yourself and family, may your dad rest in peace.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 07:47:44 »

So sorry, Leefer.  It is never easy to handle the death of someone close, whatever the relationships that have surrounded him/her; but your story is particularly poignant and in the circumstances, I guess the shock and sense of loss is very great.

Although I don't know you except as a name on TEF, I always enjoy your contributions which are always thoughtful and sensitive (well almost always!), and you are one of those on my list of 'Wouldn't it be great to meet'!  And I think it is so good that, for all the passion and rubbish which is spouted on here day by day, this is till a place that can provide support and friendship at important times, even among virtual strangers.

Go well.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 08:09:45 »

May he rest very peacefully mate, as you know my fatherr passed just over a year ago, its never easy but keep those happy memories, they will stay with you the rest of your life and beyond in his stories.

Coincidentally I only really got to know my father in the last 10 years of his life after he had left my mother when I was a teenager, Emphysema was what got my dad too in the end. Glad he passed peacefully rather than in any pain.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 09:47:09 »

Sorry for your loss, Lee.  And on a footballing note (as this is a football board, nominally at any rate!) I am thinking that it was nice that your Dad was here long enough to see his team promoted back to the top.  RIP.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 09:51:59 »

Sorry to hear of your loss Lee

Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 14:10:44 »

Sorry to hear that Leefer
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 16:04:25 »

Got a lump in my throat reading that. Puts life into perspective and brings home how lucky and unlucky some people are in life. Hats off to ya Leefer
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 17:15:27 »

Wow...thank you all so much for all your comments.

Reading every one of them is appreciated.

Been a busy day today with what has to be done when someone passes on....but still working this evening with a delivery to Marble Arch at 11 tonight!

Cheers all you people....my sister read the thread also and was very moved to.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 17:20:31 »

Really sad news Lee. RIP. Condolences to you and your family. Difficult time for everyone concerned

A few beers soon I think
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 2, 2012, 19:02:50 »

You could see from your post that you wanted to share your memories about your Dad.
I know where you are coming from. Life with my old Man was never great. I loved him and he loved me but we never had that "quality" Father and Son relationship that I would have loved.
I don't hate him for that no way and respected his life for what it was, he was Dad despite that.
I lost him two years ago and it seems like yesterday. I still visit his grave and stand their talking to him about my life, pressures and my 2 boys.
Leefer you will be numb, full of mixed emotions right now. Don't fight em kid just accept every thought that comes your way.
If your up to it, you stand up at his service and tell everyone what you thought of him, that is if you can. If you can't then just think of him........there is no right way to mourn.

God bless you Mate. I don't know you or most on this forum but reading the messages I guess that helps you and the family.
You come across one of those happy go lucky types, the ones that can bring a smile to a room.
Your old Man is looking down on you Mate, now and for ever sharing in your happy smile.

God bless you and the family.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: