Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon Town set to trim their squad  (Read 28064 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 19:46:22 »

Connell's a journeyman, he's used to it.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 19:57:18 »

i don't really see the problem, he's good enough to play as a 1st choice in L2, ok maybe he should have had more time last season, but not necessarily good enough to be regarded as so in L1. 

if he would be happy to play 4th fiddle then by all means keep him here but he deserves to be playing regular football and if he can get this with a move then he'll be happy with that.  no need to feel sorry for him really?
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 20:05:37 »

Risser actually won me around during the course of the season. He played all over the place covering a variety of positions and that i feel is a hard task in itself. Some games he looked heavy footed other times he looked like he was trying too hard with his momentum of challenges getting him into difficulties and other times he just looked brilliant with him scooping the MOM award. He has the right attitude and although not a regular next season I would imgine he sets a good example to others.

As for smith well to me he started the season well but as his regular run in the team got disrupted this seemed to adversley affect his performance. I think in the end his position became a problem for us in the centre as Ferry seemed to be the first name in centre midfield slot and it was who to partner him with that never really fell into place. I think Dicanio defineitly wanted to address this and has done so with the midfielders signed. Other peoples opinions seem to suggest that some of the new signings will slot into our midfield nicely so im not too fussed about smith leaving and would wish him well.

Connell is the unluckiest one for me and im definitely in the Connell fan camp. I thought he was on the end of a few of Dicanios knee jerk substitutions. I would see Dicanio displeasure at something Connell had done, with all the arms flying in the air and then the predictable signal to the bench for someone to warm up and to replace connell when it actual fact to me he was doing no worse or better than any other player on the pitch. Also he finshed as our top goal scorer and i for one would have liked to see him play in league 1 as i thought his goals this season justified a chance. We have signed some decent players in his position so i have to admit i beleive he has moved down the pecking order but i would have liked to see how these new signings played first before getting rid of our top goal scorer.
Dazzza

« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 22:15:15 »

I wonder what we are asking for him?

Surely he wouldnt go on a free after last season.  If we're after a reasonable amount, whatever that may be, and no one comes in for him I can see him inching his way back into the squad.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: