Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kopenhagen  (Read 1729 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:15:59 »

I am going with a friend of mine for a birthday trip, a thought was Kopenhagen.
The birthday is on Wednesday, so perhaps leaving Wednesday morning staying Wed, Thurs, Fri night. Coming home on Sat morning
Has anybody been before? Is it worth a holiday? If so is there enough nice sights to see & things to do for two & a half days?

Thanks in advance

I come from a land down-under
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:37:23 »

København is a superb city to visit. Plenty to do, go, enjoy and report back!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:38:15 »

Tivoli Gardens
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:38:55 »

I've always been told that Copenhagen (can I play too?) is expensive, is that a myth?

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:40:36 »

As with most of Scandanavia you just have to do a bit of planning prior to going to find cheaper places to eat and drink. Oslo was expensive but in the gronland district you could get beers for 3 quid-ish. Same with Stockholm. If you want to pay 7 quid for a pint you can, but you can also avoid doing so too.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:46:25 »

København is a superb city to visit. Plenty to do, go, enjoy and report back!

is 2`and a half days enough?

I come from a land down-under
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 20:49:09 »

Well I don't like leaving capital cities on Saturday's as you'll miss out on a good night out, so I'd stay til the Sunday. But 2.5 days should be enough.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:49:25 »

I have heard it is wonderfull....just wonderfull.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 21:52:22 »

One of my favourite cities.  I drove there from Hamburg once for the weekend.  It is expensive, but (in my view) worth every penny.  Friendly city.  Small enough to be walkable.  Tivoli Gardens lots of fun in the evenings, as was the Carlsberg brewery tour that I went on.  If you're there for more than a couple of days, you might also want to consider taking the short hop across to Malmo for a few hours on the ferry or by the bridge...itself an incredible feat of engineering.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 10:27:31 »

Copenhagen is a fucking brilliant City, expensive though
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 15:06:00 »

does kristiana still exist? i got properly messed up there.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 17:14:15 »

Went the weekend before last, conveniently.

Kristiana does still exist Mex- the police cracked down pretty hard about 18 months ago but it had a pretty bad effect by all accounts, hard drug usage went up pretty significantly so it's been allowed to regrow (according to my tour guide anyway- I didn't see it before). Fun place to spend a bit of time...and money if you're that way inclined. I'm not, but it was still very interesting to me.

Copenhagen in general I really loved, really pleasant place to be. At the same I wouldn't say there was absolutely tons to do from a tourist point of view- I don't feel like I missed much and we only had two and a half days. Can recommend this free walking tour if you're on a bit of a tight budget, was very good indeed considering it was only tipping: http://www.newcopenhagentours.com/

If you do want to do Tivoli, there's a boat tour which I can't remember the name of (sorry, it's right near the Parliament building) that do a joint ticket of their boat ticket and entry to Tivoli which is cheaper than the price of an entrance ticket to Tivoli on it's own- bit odd, but definitely worth a go, not the best tour ever but for about -10 Krone you can't complain!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: