Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon Town set to trim their squad  (Read 27823 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:07:33 »

Risser is one of the worst players we've ever had. That is all. I've got nothing against the guy but he is horrifically out of his depth.

Yeah. That's why he played a hefty role in a team that won the league last year and is being kept on by our manager.

You're young so i'll let you off the "ever had" comment. Yes i did go to Gillingham away Chris. Was he any worse than anyone else that day?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:11:57 »

Risser is one of the worst players we've ever had. That is all. I've got nothing against the guy but he is horrifically out of his depth.

To say Risser is one of the worst players we've ever had is a tad unfair, we've had Dossevi, Pericard, Thrope, Cureton, Comazzi and Lanzano to name a few. He is in no way as bad as those
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:12:47 »

Yeah. That's why he played a hefty role in a team that won the league last year and is being kept on by our manager.

You're young so i'll let you off the "ever had" comment. Yes i did go to Gillingham away Chris. Was he any worse than anyone else that day?
I would say so, as he cost us a goal and regularly passed to the opposition but in fairness there were a few garbage performances (thank fuck we won't see Murray in a red shirt again).
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:14:44 »

So if that is the case why does PDC misjudge him so badly then?  As we all know PDC does not suffer fools easily and if he was as bad as some on here make out would have been shown the door a long time ago.  "In PDC we trust!"
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:15:58 »

BBC tweet that Magera is close to leaving the club.
Barry Scott

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:16:01 »

Those who said Risser improved towards the end of the season, did you go to Gillingham away?

I think we can all find a game where someone's had a bad day (apart from Lord's Caddis and Fez who are without fault), but using one game to fit an agenda is silly.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:18:27 »

He never really joined though, did he.   Wink

Genuinely sorry to hear that Connell has been listed.  I liked him right from the start.  Attitude has been spot on and, with the right support, I could see him doing well for someone next season.  And probably against us.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:20:50 »

Transfer listing payers is very old hat isn't it? In the days before agents no doubt there was a 'transfer list'. Names just get circulated around now don't they. Interesting to make it formal. It also seems that Lanzano is intent on staying put and picking up his wages, rather than taking a severance package (not that there is anything particularly wrong with that).
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:21:49 »

The 'muscular presence' was negated on occasion by nimble midfielders passing it around him and his evident lack of mobility (which I argue caused him to put it past Wes at Wembley; he couldn't get his body into an effective position)... in L1, this might be even more prevalent as I would expect the standard to be higher. No one could argue he doesn't win hopeful hoofed balls, but against more technical midfielders, I fear his short-comings will be highlighted further as games (and balls) pass him by.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:28:42 »

I'm not surpised he's transfer listed these players, considering the quality (and wages) of player he's brought in. But like others I cant believe Risser isn't on that list! Yes lovely bloke and puts in 100% effort but he's not up to L1.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:31:43 »

Thank fuck for that  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:31:54 »

Didn't the washbag do an article on Risser? I'm sure they highlighted his value to the team by outlining how he breaks up play just by being in the right place and close down then channels and wot not. Even if he didn't get to the ball his presence alone was enough to hinder the opposition's attacks  meaning he actually played a very valuable role.

As I said earlier.... square pegs, square holes and all that jazz
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:33:02 »

Transfer listing payers is very old hat isn't it? In the days before agents no doubt there was a 'transfer list'. Names just get circulated around now don't they. Interesting to make it formal. It also seems that Lanzano is intent on staying put and picking up his wages, rather than taking a severance package (not that there is anything particularly wrong with that).

Exactly my thoughts, not a phrase you here all that often these days at our level.

I presume there isnt an actual list where teams can publish the names of players they know longer want?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:38:19 »

As I said earlier.... square pegs, square holes and all that jazz

What about round pegs and round holes? Or triangular pegs and triangular holes, for that matter?
Flashheart

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 09:42:11 »

What about round pegs and round holes? Or triangular pegs and triangular holes, for that matter?

Indeed

I actually have Risser down as more of a Rhombus, but thought I'd keep it simple for the masses.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: