Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Swindon Town set to trim their squad  (Read 28007 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:06:57 »

If he wasn't Namibian I don't think he would have made it as a professional footballer. The novelty of being Namibian and playing for their national side has undoubtedly helped him greatly. After all he can put on his CV that he's an international footballer, however bad they may be.

What utter shite.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:07:15 »

I'm not surpised he's transfer listed these players, considering the quality (and wages) of player he's brought in. But like others I cant believe Risser isn't on that list! Yes lovely bloke and puts in 100% effort but he's not up to L1.
So, are you saying that you are correct and PDC is totally wrong over Risser?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:11:36 »

Indeed

I actually have Risser down as more of a Rhombus, but thought I'd keep it simple for the masses.

PDC is just proving he isn't shapist!
DRS

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:13:15 »

Risser trains hard and is on a bloody low wage. Not a great player but will be used as a example as to if you adhere to paolos way train hard do what your told and keep fit you will be given a fair chance
kaufman

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:14:27 »

BBC tweet that Magera is close to leaving the club.

That can only mean one thing......we're signing another striker or bostock is coming in, could be both.
Barry Scott

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:20:12 »

Risser trains hard and is on a bloody low wage. Not a great player but will be used as a example as to if you adhere to paolos way train hard do what your told and keep fit you will be given a fair chance

This is a very good point. Paolo's made a point of fucking those off who don't do what he wants. This only works if the reverse holds true; train and do what I say and you'll get a chance.
Coca Fola

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:26:14 »

To say Risser is one of the worst players we've ever had is a tad unfair, we've had Dossevi, Pericard, Thrope, Cureton, Comazzi and Lanzano to name a few. He is in no way as bad as those
I would rather have Pericard or Cureton over Risser.
Coca Fola

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:27:49 »

Yeah. That's why he played a hefty role in a team that won the league last year and is being kept on by our manager.

You're young so i'll let you off the "ever had" comment. Yes i did go to Gillingham away Chris. Was he any worse than anyone else that day?
He doesn't add anything to the team at all. The fact that he had 10 good players around him certainly helps protect him. He can't pass, he's slow, he always falls over, he runs around like a headless chicken. What does everyone see in him?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:29:55 »

If he wasn't Namibian I don't think he would have made it as a professional footballer. The novelty of being Namibian and playing for their national side has undoubtedly helped him greatly. After all he can put on his CV that he's an international footballer, however bad they may be.

I see your logic, but assume that it's only us fans that see it that way. Wow...we've signed a Czech international, when in reality he hasn't been that good for us (Magera obviously). Managers I would hope would take a more pragmatic approach and look at the player rather then the status of them.
Coca Fola

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:30:52 »

It certainly helps him get trials and generate interest. If he wasn't an international I doubt we'd have found out about him and taken him on trial.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:33:37 »

I would rather have Pericard or Cureton over Risser.

Are you high? What the hell did Pericard or Cureton offer they couldn't score in brothel and did nothing of note for the team.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:36:14 »

Shit a brick. We were better than i thought last season then. Seems we won the league effectively playing with 10 men for about 3/4's of the games.

Maybe Paolo should be knighted.

Risser is no Simon Ferry but breaks up play and generally gets in the way of opposition attacks. He's a decent defensive who gives 100%. To say we haven't had worse is ridiculous beyond belief.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:37:38 »

It certainly helps him get trials and generate interest. If he wasn't an international I doubt we'd have found out about him and taken him on trial.

Do we look at all international squads then? No offence to Namibia but they wouldn't be my first port of call if i was gaffer.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:40:24 »

Risser is no Simon Ferry but breaks up play and generally gets in the way of opposition attacks. He's a decent defensive who gives 100%. To say we haven't had worse is ridiculous beyond belief.

Thats exactly the point he does the stuff no-one notices, he sits in front of the defence and lets the others get forward. Why aren't others complaining about Ferry and his lack of goals from midfield?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 10:56:22 »

Only one I'm bothered about is Connell on the list, but he did miss an awful lot of chances so I'm not surprised he's on the list. IMO the 2 new CM guys Miller and Navarro are better than Cox and Smith, so again not fussed with them going and as for Lanzano, anything we can get for him would be decent!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: