Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well done Woy  (Read 31461 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 08:54:28 »

I am also amazed at the positivity on here..I for one am thoroughly depressed out the future...I would love to be proven wrong but I dont see anything in any of the youngsters to get me excited...thought Ashley young for example was hopeless, barely recall him completing a pass all night (bar one to ashley cole which admittedly almost led to a goal).
Heard on the radio this morning that the most successsful pass completion rate between two england players was between Hart and Carroll,...sums it all up for me nicely..

kerry red

« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 08:55:49 »

rubbish, spain were dogshit 10 years ago

Yeah - but England have been shite for years and STILL are.

When the likes of Downing and Henderson are deemed to be the best we have - then what does that say
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:04:40 »

Yeah - but England have been shite for years and STILL are.

When the likes of Downing and Henderson are deemed to be the best we have - then what does that say

What the fuck are you waffling on about?

Downing didn't even play and Henderson got about 20 minutes all tournament.

Like Cibocchi_is_god pointed out, we have some good young'uns coming through for the next couple of tournaments:
Walker, Jones, Smalling, Welbeck, Sturridge, Rodwell, Wilshere, Cleverly, Powell, Oxlade-Chamberlain
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:21:45 »

Like Cibocchi_is_god pointed out, we have some good young'uns coming through for the next couple of tournaments:
Walker, Jones, Smalling, Welbeck, Sturridge, Rodwell, Wilshere, Cleverly, Powell, Oxlade-Chamberlain

The line about the young'uns is true, but we were saying the same about Ashley Cole, Terry, Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard not so long ago.

I just dont think the structure is condusive to harnessing talent at interantional level!
kerry red

« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:27:18 »

There were in the fucking squad so that means they are deemed to be the best in their relative position. The fact they didn't play much dont change that
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:29:13 »

The line about the young'uns is true, but we were saying the same about Ashley Cole, Terry, Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard not so long ago.

But the current lot of youngsters are different players so how can you compare. They also played under different management.
kerry red

« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:31:31 »

When a good number of the squad cant even command a regular place in their club team says it all.

I know there is an argument against all the foreign players at the top clubs suffocating English talent
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:32:06 »

Let's just put this to bed and dig it up 6/10 years later, when we have or haven't won the world cup.

kerry red

« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:33:50 »

Haven't
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:34:27 »

I think he needs to be more flexible tactically.

Given the lack of time and the limited nature of the players available a QF exit can be thought of as above average.

I had forgotten about the lack if time in order to prepare, makes his achievement better. I've enjoyed it this year. Without the expectation there I as a fan could enjoy it more.
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:36:18 »

Have you noticed just how injury ravaged the squad was? We did not have our strongest team available, not even close, yet we still managed to go to penalties in the QF's. That IS an achievement and bodes well for the future when we do have our best players at our disposal.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 09:50:38 »

I don't buy into the talk that we English have to change the way we play and try to emulate the Spanish-Germans etc. We won't be able to do it so it's a waste of time. What we should be doing is developing the English way of playing. Woy did this to a point with how he set the team up,but Rooney dropping all over the pitch doesn't work against the top nations.

The only way i can see national success won't be pretty, it would be direct and rigid with hopes of counter attacks. Chelsea showed us how to do it.
This wont happen as the press and fans will want us to out pass teams which will not better what's out there.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 10:14:14 »

I don't buy into the talk that we English have to change the way we play and try to emulate the Spanish-Germans etc. We won't be able to do it so it's a waste of time. What we should be doing is developing the English way of playing. Woy did this to a point with how he set the team up,but Rooney dropping all over the pitch doesn't work against the top nations.

The only way i can see national success won't be pretty, it would be direct and rigid with hopes of counter attacks. Chelsea showed us how to do it.
This wont happen as the press and fans will want us to out pass teams which will not better what's out there.

I think short term yes, long term no.

Gerrard going down with cramp after 70 minutes is unheard of. Too much time without the ball will take it's toll on players.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 10:27:07 »

I think short term yes, long term no.

Gerrard going down with cramp after 70 minutes is unheard of. Too much time without the ball will take it's toll on players.

I am guessing that Brazil in June/July will be boiling hot?  They will get to the second round and maybe the QF if they get a favourable draw.  Failure to keep the ball in those conditions will be a total killer!
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 10:53:57 »

I am guessing that Brazil in June/July will be boiling hot?  They will get to the second round and maybe the QF if they get a favourable draw.  Failure to keep the ball in those conditions will be a total killer!

Depends where abouts in Brazil we will be playing, if its closer to the south then it'll be cold they have their winter when we have summer, and in the north it'll be in the tropics so will be fairly hot and humid. so thats the excuse for failure ready then
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: