Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Rooney apologists are a bit quiet tonight  (Read 38578 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 14:25:40 »

Although Shearer hardly won any silverware in his football career he was consistent when he did play, and he scored important goals for england at big tournys, Rooney hasnt achieved international consistency, and im not saying dont play him im saying he needs to improve his match performance well in an england shirt.

shearer didnt come good internationally until he was 26. I have no doubt rooney will be englands all time record goal scorer by the time he retires
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 14:30:56 »

shearer didnt come good internationally until he was 26. I have no doubt rooney will be englands all time record goal scorer by the time he retires
He scored 13 in 11 for england under 21 which is international level, you can blame any of the england team during 90-94 as we had the shit that is Graham Taylor running the team plus shearer was injured for more of the qualifiers for 94 world cup so cudnt have done much about it, Didnt lineker retire around the time shearer finaly got in the team?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 14:51:22 »

He scored 13 in 11 for england under 21 which is international level, you can blame any of the england team during 90-94 as we had the shit that is Graham Taylor running the team plus shearer was injured for more of the qualifiers for 94 world cup so cudnt have done much about it, Didnt lineker retire around the time shearer finaly got in the team?

francis jeffers is u21 joint top scorer so that holds little clout. Rooney was awesome in 2004, injured and started late in 06. Didnt qualify 08, and the last 2 the whole team has struggled and he has suffered as much anyone with style and gameplay because he is the end product. some people are making out that his england career should be in doubt, he is not in the same bracket as gerard and lampard etc because he has potentially has another 4 tournaments to play in and hopefully the whole team will have improved.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 14:56:26 »

francis jeffers is u21 joint top scorer so that holds little clout. Rooney was awesome in 2004, injured and started late in 06. Didnt qualify 08, and the last 2 the whole team has struggled and he has suffered as much anyone with style and gameplay because he is the end product. some people are making out that his england career should be in doubt, he is not in the same bracket as gerard and lampard etc because he has potentially has another 4 tournaments to play in and hopefully the whole team will have improved.
Yeah Shearer shares it with him.
DMR

« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 14:58:04 »

Er.... all this is very well and good but the bottom line is we looked more of a goal threat when he wasn't playing...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 15:25:24 »

Yeah Shearer shares it with him.

Which proves the point that the u21 goals stat means nothing. Rooney has never been selected for the u21 squad and if he did I am sure he would have done as well?
Er.... all this is very well and good but the bottom line is we looked more of a goal threat when he wasn't playing...

agreed but we never set up to attack in any of the games and rooney was issolated. If carroll had started and the same result happened people would be going mad and asking why rooney off the back of a prolific season wasnt playing. We did not lose because of rooney. We lost because we can't keep hold of the ball and panic under pressure  Banging.

carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 15:53:52 »

Which proves the point that the u21 goals stat means nothing. Rooney has never been selected for the u21 squad and if he did I am sure he would have done as well?
agreed but we never set up to attack in any of the games and rooney was issolated. If carroll had started and the same result happened people would be going mad and asking why rooney off the back of a prolific season wasnt playing. We did not lose because of rooney. We lost because we can't keep hold of the ball and panic under pressure  Banging.

Haha shows how much you know he played at u15 u17 and u19 level he missed u21 because he was called upto england but even at the younger level rooney wasnt very consistent, Shearer started his youth at southampton, Rooney has spent all but 2 years of his carear at man united which is better isnt it? Shearer improved where as rooney hasnt for a few years now and is younger.

Like someone said Rooney is too busy being a celebrity and the games that he played in he has looked unfit it just makes you wonder if he even cares about playing for his country.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 25, 2012, 15:56:57 by carbonwhite » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 16:00:14 »

Say Rooney is shit then. Who the fuck in England is better in his position?
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 16:04:06 »

Say Rooney is shit then. Who the fuck in England is better in his position?

I never said he's shit and ofcourse he's the best english striker currently but he isnt living upto to that.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 16:12:11 »

Haha shows how much you know he played at u15 u17 and u19 level he missed u21 because he was called upto england but even at the younger level rooney wasnt very consistent, Shearer started his youth at southampton, Rooney has spent all but 2 years of his carear at man united which is better isnt it? Shearer improved where as rooney hasnt for a few years now and is younger.

Like someone said Rooney is too busy being a celebrity and the games that he played in he has looked unfit it just makes you wonder if he even cares about playing for his country.

fuck me. last post then i give up. u are including shearers u21 goals in his international stats and using them to compare to rooney. I know rooney played at england youth are you saying that they shud be used "because they are international" as well? rooney never played u21 so is uncomparable. rooney is 26 ffs and ur writing him off. Rooney at 26 has done more than a shearer aged 26.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 16:55:00 »

you dont become man utds 4th highest scorer at the age of 26 being "good". countless player of the year awards- england/prem voted by fans/players. Score ratio of 1 in 3 internationally. Score 199 in 314 appearances at club level etc etc etc.

He doesnt fit in with england team? How many of englands best do? Is it the manager or the player, no one can ever question rooneys effort and desire to win.  He is 26!!

When shearer was 26 just before euro 96 he had scored 5 in 20 odd games for england.  Fucking baffling thread.

....at no point in the post you quoted did I say Rooney was just 'good' you can throw all sorts of achievements but I dont care as it has bugger all to do with what I actually said.

I said he hasnt lived up to his potential. 16/17/18 we were talking best player in the world, one of the best english players ever and he hasnt reached that. Not he's a top premier league striker and a decent international striker. Worlds greatest, far from it.

Also, Rooney went straight in as an England regular and has always been a started. Out of those first 20 Shearer caps how many were starts? how many were sub appearances? Some players get bought in gently into International football, 10 minutes here, 7 minutes there, 45 in a friendly else where.

Also, international goal scoring records can be somewhat obscured. Peter Crouch has an excellent goals to games ratio but so many have come either in friendlies or against dog shite (Jamica, Andorra, Belarus) opposition.

As for Rooney to Shearer.

Rooneys goals in major tournaments - Switzerland, Switzerland, Croatia, Croatia, Ukraine.
Shearers goals in major tournaments - Switzerland, Scotland, Holland, Holland, Germany, Tunisia, Argentina, Germany, Romania
REDBUCK

« Reply #71 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 17:17:10 »

Maybe he's home sick and he hasn'tplayed a tournament on home soil. 4 of shearers goals came in 1996
REDBUCK

« Reply #72 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 17:18:14 »

Sorry, make that 5, also he's never played in a Venables team
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 17:19:26 »

....at no point in the post you quoted did I say Rooney was just 'good' you can throw all sorts of achievements but I dont care as it has bugger all to do with what I actually said.

I said he hasnt lived up to his potential. 16/17/18 we were talking best player in the world, one of the best english players ever and he hasnt reached that. Not he's a top premier league striker and a decent international striker. Worlds greatest, far from it.

Also, Rooney went straight in as an England regular and has always been a started. Out of those first 20 Shearer caps how many were starts? how many were sub appearances? Some players get bought in gently into International football, 10 minutes here, 7 minutes there, 45 in a friendly else where.

Also, international goal scoring records can be somewhat obscured. Peter Crouch has an excellent goals to games ratio but so many have come either in friendlies or against dog shite (Jamica, Andorra, Belarus) opposition.

As for Rooney to Shearer.

Rooneys goals in major tournaments - Switzerland, Switzerland, Croatia, Croatia, Ukraine.
Shearers goals in major tournaments - Switzerland, Scotland, Holland, Holland, Germany, Tunisia, Argentina, Germany, Romania

well you did actually
He's a good player
but thats me being arsey and I was baseing my points on a few people not just what you said. My whole point regarding the shearer comparison (which in itself is stupid) was that at the same age rooney had achieved more. What i cant understand is people blaming rooney and also for writing off his england career when he's so young.  
REDBUCK

« Reply #74 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 17:19:39 »

Also, Gazza is slightly better than Parker/ Gerrard
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: