Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The ring is leaking  (Read 2136 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:15:46 »

on my shower (from the cylindrical bit where you twist it on). I know you can get the seal kits for these, but I have a couple of questions -

1. Has anyone tried doing this fix themselves?
2. Due to our hard water, could it just be a piece of crap caught up in the ring itself? In other words, is it worth checking this before I go out trying to track down the right parts?  Smiley

Ta, as always xx
Coca Fola

« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:19:34 »

I thought you meant.. 
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:28:08 »

Do you mean the rubber seal that sits at the bottom of the thread where you screw the shower head on to?
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:30:35 »

Do you mean the rubber seal that sits at the bottom of the thread where you screw the shower head on to?

No.
It's the "cartridge" bit that is inside the control knob/twisty bit (where you turn the shower on/off)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:34:01 »

Okay, can't say my shower is like that so can't comment on the first part but you should definitely give it a go as you'll be annoyed if it were something simple.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:34:57 »

The only time I don't touch plumbing is when joints have been soldered. All these screw and push fit joints are fair game.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:35:19 »

This is probably a good time to see advise on my water based issue.

The dishwasher now appears to have loads of limescale hanging around after I put on a cycle (if that's the correct terminology).

Is there a good way to stop this happening? Our cleaner suggested putting some lemon in, but not sure if she is having a giggle or not.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:38:39 »

The dishwasher now appears to have loads of limescale hanging around after I put on a cycle (if that's the correct terminology).

Is there a good way to stop this happening? Our cleaner suggested putting some lemon in, but not sure if she is having a giggle or not.

Get her a better cleaning cloth? Or climb in, as she has suggested Smiley
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:39:22 »

Calgon?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:42:56 »

No.
It's the "cartridge" bit that is inside the control knob/twisty bit (where you turn the shower on/off)

Sounds like it's had it.

Our shower head was blocked with limescale and the water pressure caused the pressure relief valve to blow. I got a new one on Ebay and now it's as good as new.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:49:41 »

50/50 mix of vinegar and water, might want to add something to change the scent as it fucking stinks.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:55:56 »

You can fit a water softner so that all your house is suplied with soft water. I fitted a kinetico one this year. They are not cheap but there are lots of advantages.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 13:57:23 »

Old house or new house ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 14:08:48 »

You can fit a water softner so that all your house is suplied with soft water. I fitted a kinetico one this year. They are not cheap but there are lots of advantages.

I'm actually moving out in a couple of months so probably won't bother going to that level of hassle!

Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 14:51:06 »

I thought you meant.. 

I thought the same! Amused me anyway!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: