Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has Woy got the bollocks to . . .  (Read 25665 times)
DRS

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 20:29:53 »

The boring tag fucks me off tbh. Spain have played half the games without a striker.If Hodgson did that he would be fucking shot and called a negative fucker.
DRS

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 20:30:46 »

But to be fair when Woy asked before the Ukraine game if he was going to start with Rooney he acually said:

'I'd never hear the last of it if i didn't pick him and we lost'

Ringing endorsement?
No,he is rightly saying that Rooney is our best striker.
Simple as that
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 20:38:32 »

But to be fair when Woy asked before the Ukraine game if he was going to start with Rooney he acually said:

Ringing endorsement?

I think you're clutching at straws a tad there
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 20:52:13 »

The lengths people will go to slate rooney is laughable

Things get better but they never get good
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 07:48:27 »

No,he is rightly saying that Rooney is our best striker.
Simple as that

On paper based on Premier League performance maybe.

On results in an England shirt?

Striker consistancy is one of the most significant England team weaknesses in recent years. Alan Shearer is probably the last striker whose international performance lived up to his League reputation.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 07:58:13 »

On paper based on Premier League performance maybe.

Isn't that what people were crying out for before the tournament? Stop picking the old guard and pick people based on their form? In which case, Rooney would be in the team.

On results in an England shirt?

Euro 2004: Rooney breaks into the team, scores goals.
WC 2006: Rushed back from injury, not really given a chance.
Euro 2008: Err, yeah.
WC 2010: Worst England performance in recent history, hard to expect Rooney to shine.4

Yeah, let's drop him.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 08:07:21 »

Don't get me wrong. I'm not necessarily saying he shouldn't be in the squad as his League stats scream out for him to be picked BUT, in my opinion, he doesn't perform as significantly or consistantly in the National team as he does for Man Ure. I reckon the Carroll/ Wellbeck combo was a better choice to start with Rooney coming on later as a replacement for either l, to ease him back into playing. Hodgson would then be able to get a good look at Rooney in competetive International football and base his decision making on that.

Of course, I could just be a prize cunt talking out of his arse but then, what make me any different to anyone else here Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 09:58:54 »

Ringing endorsement?

That was just Roy playing the game. He wanted to pick him and public opinion had fuck all to do with it, he just turned it in to a jokey comment. There was no need for him to argue Rooney's case so he didn't.

Got to admit Roy seems the most intelligent manager we've had in a while. He's done a pretty good job of convincing everyone that we've over achieved by winning the group, which will lessen the blow if we lose to Italy. Clever stuff.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 10:14:14 »

I agree with Dave

Eek
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 10:16:54 »

Eek

It happens occasionally, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. 
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 11:59:44 »

Disagreee with two of the three. Rooney scored and was 'feeling' his way back into the action, why drop one of the best players in the world when he could turn it on at any point?

Where do people get the assumption he is one of the best players in the world?

I don't understand it myself. I haven't seen anything to suggest he's as fantastic as everyone is making him out to be. He's good but one of the best in the world?!
kerry red

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 12:04:56 »

I'd agree with that.

Just how does Rooney 'turn it on'? He's never going to run a game - although he is well capable of scoring a great goal or 2.

Gazza was a player who could 'turn it on' - not Wayne I'm afraid.

All very well saying it was his first game - but who's fault was that - the petulent scouser
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: