Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rangers  (Read 30348 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:30:21 »

Just been reading through this :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18702275

Look at some of the tweets from Rangers 'fans' hoping that a number of SPL clubs will go bust if they have to start back from Div 3. Also the deluded ones who say they should restart in England.

Perhaps they'd like to enter at Championship level? No reason why they shouldn't is there?

Cheesy
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:37:24 »

Perhaps they'd like to enter at Championship level? No reason why they shouldn't is there?

Cheesy

Don't give them ideas, otherwise they'll apply to join the Premiership as well.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 06:11:37 »

Look at some of the tweets from Rangers 'fans' hoping that a number of SPL clubs will go bust if they have to start back from Div 3. Also the deluded ones who say they should restart in England.

Been keeping a close-ish eye on this and that attitude is repeated thousands of times over. Get on to the Rangersmedia forum for a good view of Rangers fans' views.

This 'I hope they put us down to Div 3' isn't a fall on your sword, take your punishment view, it's a hope that if they're out of the SPL then half the division's clubs won't exist by the time the newco get back there. Meaning others would have to go down the leagues too. Problem is they haven't worked out that that may not happen, unless the clubs folding are going under due to corruption.

I have hope for the SPL, clubs have been existing on tight budgets before (when there was no tv deal in place) and I think (hope) the clubs will be able to cut their cloth accordingly. And in truth it will be good to see Rangers fighting their way back up, and back into the SPL. Could be worse for them, they could have become the new Third Lanark.
kerry red

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 08:50:39 »

The fact is, though, this could put the entire future of Jock football in jeopardy.

Outside Scotland nobody is interested and I can never get my head around why Celtic/Rangers supporters aren't bored shitless by playing St Mirren 4 times a year.

I can't see the point of Scottish football
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 08:58:20 »

The fact is, though, this could put the entire future of Jock football in jeopardy.

Outside Scotland nobody is interested and I can never get my head around why Celtic/Rangers supporters aren't bored shitless by playing St Mirren 4 times a year.

It's lucky you don't live in Scotland then. Up there, and around the world, nobody see's the point English football outside the premiership.

And it's not just Celtic and Rangers fans who are bored shitless playing the same clubs 3 or 4 times a season (not St.Mirren as they're not a top 6 side).

And ironically, it's Rangers and Celtic blocking the restructuring of the league. Why should they share the pot of money with more clubs?
kerry red

« Reply #110 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:01:11 »

But at least every English league is competitive.

What joy can a Celtic or Rangers supporter get out of beating St Mirren every season?

Just seems pointless to me

Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:05:19 »

Yes the premiership is real competitive. Man United vs whoever has a bit of money that season. Every year.

The Scottish lower leagues are competitive. Most clubs are on an even standing. It's a gambling nightmare.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:10:28 »

Not forgetting the joke that is splitting the league in half meaning often teams in 7th place end up with more points than the one in 6th, besides countless other anomalies.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:12:18 »

Not forgetting the joke that is splitting the league in half meaning often teams in 7th place end up with more points than the one in 6th, besides countless anomalies.

The team in 7th are playing poorer quality teams than the team in 6th, so they're expected to gain more points. Don't blame the league for your lack of understanding.

The split adds a bit of excitement to mid-table teams.
kerry red

« Reply #114 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:12:31 »

The Scottish lower leagues are non-league standard attracting a handful of supporters.

Never understood why they are on the 'coupon' every week.

lambourn red

« Reply #115 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:17:49 »

It's lucky you don't live in Scotland then. Up there, and around the world, nobody see's the point English football outside the premiership.

I would wager that Leeds for example would have more fans worldwide than all the Scottish L1,L2,L3 combined
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:19:21 »

The team in 7th are playing poorer quality teams than the team in 6th, so they're expected to gain more points. Don't blame the league for your lack of understanding.

I do understand the reasons why it happens... not sure why you think I don't. The format is just crap and its existence is a reflection on what is wrong with Scottish football

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:23:43 »

I would wager that Leeds for example would have more fans worldwide than all the Scottish L1,L2,L3 combined
Leeds have also had a lot more exposure via your best pals Sky than all the Scottish L1, L2 and L3 combined. Whereas Scottish football are pretty reliant on the Old Firm, English football is even more reliant on Sky paying silly money year on year.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:24:32 »

I feel for you if you think that is excitement Joycie!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:30:56 »

The Scottish lower leagues are non-league standard attracting a handful of supporters.

Never understood why they are on the 'coupon' every week.

What do you expect though?  There are 10 of us (assuming you're English...think you said you were) to every 1 of them.  Personally, I think it's brilliant that a country of 5 million people can support a league set up of 4 divisions with promotion and relegation between them all.  Of course there are going to be differences and of course the standard is not going to be as high.  But give credit where it's due.

As it happens, the population of South West England is also just under 5 million.  Imagine a league set up covering that area, 40 teams, 4 divisions.  What kind of competition would that provide?  Puts in to perspective just how successful the Scottish leagues really are.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: