Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rangers  (Read 30335 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 15:32:51 »

Have you seen the proposal that the SFL sent their clubs asking for Rangers to be put in D1? Literally used the words "financial meltdown".

I don't get why them starting again in the 3rd Division will be such a disaster. I'd have thought it would be great for all the lower league clubs as it will be a massive boost for attendances. Plus it will give some other clubs more of a chance in the SPL. Seems like a win win to me, except for Rangers - though they will be guaranteed some silverware.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 15:35:33 »

rangers make official application to join sfl, saying they will play in whichever division officials see fit.  what a stupid thing to say, they're not just gonna say "sorry don't fancy D3, we'll just go out of business entirely" are they...
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 15:38:30 »

stick 'em in div 3 and give them a 30 point deduction.
nochee

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 16:15:59 »

stick 'em in div 3 and give them a 30 point deduction.
And they are not allowed a goalie either
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 16:42:40 »

I don't get why them starting again in the 3rd Division will be such a disaster. I'd have thought it would be great for all the lower league clubs as it will be a massive boost for attendances. Plus it will give some other clubs more of a chance in the SPL. Seems like a win win to me, except for Rangers - though they will be guaranteed some silverware.
Sponsors walk away/reduce sponsorship and TV venues pay a lot less for a Rangersless SPL.

£16m over the 3 years according to the big wigs.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 17:14:18 »

Rangers (New co) should start in the 3rd...end of.

There seems to be a lot of militancy in the SPL from the clubs, and it looks unlikely that they will start in the 1st div, as the SPL Chief Exec wants, in his worse case scenario.The fact is what right do they have to automatically deserve that place. There are a number of fans of Scottish league clubs that have threatened not to go to any games in Scotland if Rangers were let back in the SPL or Div 1.They need to start in Div 3.

And SPL Chief Exec Doncaster should resign. It was obvious he is pro-Rangers after his comments earlier today trying to delay the vote, where Rangers had no chance of winning.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 19:24:59 »

^Spot on.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 19:37:33 »

I see that there was only one vote for Rangers, which was them voting for themselves. If they had any dignity or respect for the rest of Scottish football, they'd stop fucking about and request to be put in the 3rd Division. Wouldn't be a bad idea if they withdrew the threat to take legal action against any players that leave as well.

They seem to be sinking lower and lower by the day. I'm still hoping the SFL vote for another club to have the spare spot in the 3rd Division so Rangers are left without a league to play in.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 19:44:57 »

What happened to City in 1982? I'm guessing they got to keep their place in the football pyramid?
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 19:51:07 »

I see that there was only one vote for Rangers, which was them voting for themselves.
Have you got a source for that? I've only seen it being called an "overwhelming vote", but not seen it confirmed as 11-1. (I'm only just back in though).

Wouldn't be a bad idea if they withdrew the threat to take legal action against any players that leave as well.
And in the latest of fuck ups, the SFA who hold the registrations are refusing to pass them over as they're being transferred. Being referred to FIFA. This could just be one case to confirm the rules (which every legal bod has confirmed that they can leave) and will set the precedent.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 19:55:34 »

Have you got a source for that? I've only seen it being called an "overwhelming vote", but not seen it confirmed as 11-1. (I'm only just back in though).

I saw somewhere that it finished 10-1, with one abstention.

BAZINGA !!

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 19:58:03 »

The BBc are saying 10-1 against with Kilmarnock abstaining. Green is coming across as a complete and utter tool. How the fuck does he think the players automatically transfer over. I'm not an employment law expert but I know some people who are and they laugh at him. He's just pissing wind. He was on Sky Sports saying that Rangers will be playing Euro football before any of the players that leave and taking the piss out of Norwich.
He appears to be an utterly charmless, gormless tool who was looking for a quick buck and its looking harder work than he imagined.
Fuck Rangers and fuck Scottish football.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 19:59:13 »

What happened to City in 1982? I'm guessing they got to keep their place in the football pyramid?

They've changed the rules since then, to stop other clubs 'doing a shitty'.

BAZINGA !!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 20:04:21 »

The BBc are saying 10-1 against with Kilmarnock abstaining. Green is coming across as a complete and utter tool. How the fuck does he think the players automatically transfer over. I'm not an employment law expert but I know some people who are and they laugh at him. He's just pissing wind. He was on Sky Sports saying that Rangers will be playing Euro football before any of the players that leave and taking the piss out of Norwich.
He appears to be an utterly charmless, gormless tool who was looking for a quick buck and its looking harder work than he imagined.
Fuck Rangers and fuck Scottish football.

Fully agree on all that.

The guy comes across as a chancer. But he's apparently only 'paid' £5.5m for assets that have been estimated to be worth closer to £100m, so they're quids in already.

BAZINGA !!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:28:52 »

Just been reading through this :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18702275

Look at some of the tweets from Rangers 'fans' hoping that a number of SPL clubs will go bust if they have to start back from Div 3. Also the deluded ones who say they should restart in England.

BAZINGA !!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: