Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rangers  (Read 30594 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:25:57 »

Good about time, would love to see them demoted, but it won't happen.

They should swap leagues with East Stirling.

As you say, they are worth too much to the SPL to be demoted.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:30:27 »

I'm in the minority but I think it'd be great for Scottish football if Rangers go under and are demoted. Should be very good for Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Hibs and the Gorgie bastards.

Rangers would hopefully turn to a bit of youth and probably end up stronger for the experience and in the meantime some of the other clubs may be able to take advantage of their absence.

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:34:19 »

I'm in the minority but I think it'd be great for Scottish football if Rangers go under and are demoted. Should be very good for Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Hibs and the Gorgie bastards.

Rangers would hopefully turn to a bit of youth and probably end up stronger for the experience and in the meantime some of the other clubs may be able to take advantage of their absence.

It would make the SPL more interesting
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:36:00 »

It would make the SPL more interesting

Anything would make the SPL more interesting at the moment. Even a player strike.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:36:39 »

Agree with that.
DRS

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:45:33 »

May be being thick but how exactly would it make it more interesting? Celtic will just piss it,less quality players will join celtic and just make the standard worse.I am sure some players join other scottish teams knowing they will be playing these teams aswell.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:53:57 »

I'm sure the TV companies would be happy to see Rangers out of the SPL, after all they hardly ever show Rangers games on TV do they.  I mean, it's not like Sky pay the SFA just for the old firm games or anything.

The only way it would be good for the non old firm teams is if Celtic went as well, then the rest of the clubs could play each other in a competitive league without having to pay stupid wages.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 17:57:51 »

Thought this was always the likely scenario. Their debts to HMRC are just too big, and ever since HMRC had their preferencial creditor status away from them, they have always voted against a CVA. Also by going into liquidation, there has to be an investigation into the companies failure and it'll probably be mostly Murray's fault, even though Whyte has obviously not come out smelling of roses. Of course the outcome of the case to see if Rangers owe another £50m in tax still hasn't been announced.

It'll also be interesting to see what the SFA/SPL do, as the fixtures are due out on Monday. They'll probably have to delay the publication of them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:09:25 »

May be being thick but how exactly would it make it more interesting? Celtic will just piss it,less quality players will join celtic and just make the standard worse.I am sure some players join other scottish teams knowing they will be playing these teams aswell.

Well I'm hoping, and it is just a hope, that Celtic may have to cut their cloth accordingly, perhaps not straight away but in a year or two. The Edinburgh clubs (and others) may attract more investment due to a CL spot now being up for grabs.

If tv money dries up, as it could do for a while, then this will mean that Ctic will join the rest of the have nots, pushing them towered youth and not 5th rate foreigners.

Just a dream, but it's closer to reality without the Hun.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 18:31:07 »

The Edinburgh clubs (and others) may attract more investment due to a CL spot now being up for grabs.

There is only one CL spot up for grabs in Scotland next season, as they've fallen down the UEFA rankings.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 19:17:11 »

It'll also be interesting to see what the SFA/SPL do, as the fixtures are due out on Monday. They'll probably have to delay the publication of them.
They'll publish a set with Rangers and a set with 'Team x'.

Although technically they should set them with Dundee and 'Team X', as the normal procedure in the case of a club being liquidated would mean they'd lose their SPL status, an extra team from each division is promoted and a space opens up in the SFL D3. That won't happen.

There's also some interesting chat about UEFA licences. Not for playing in Europe, but to play in the SPL, clubs require a UEFA license for 3 years previous, similar to the european situation, which cannot be transferred between companies. Promoted teams from D1 bypass this using an "extraordinary procedure". Press haven't picked up on this, so it's either bollocks or the Scottish press is indeed, a steaming pile of pish. The latter has already been proven.

See here:
From the Scottish Football Association rules on Club Licensing (specifically  Part 3, Section 03 – The Club as Licence Applicant and the UEFA Licence). Emphasis ours.

"3.1.1 The Licence Applicant may only be a football club, that is the legal entity fully responsible for the football team participating in national and international competitions and which is the legal entity member of the Scottish Football Association (Full or Associate Member). The licence applicant is responsible for the fulfillment of the club licensing criteria. This membership must have been in place at the start of the licence season for a minimum period of three consecutive years.

[...]

3.3.1 UEFA Licence Awards for Scottish Premier League Clubs (SPL)
A Licence cannot be transferred from one legal entity to another."

NB: "UEFA Licence" does not denote a licence to compete in UEFA competitions, which are governed by an entirely different set of criteria. As the SFA website explains:

"National Club Licensing applies to Scottish FA member clubs and UEFA Club Licensing applies to Scottish Premier League clubs."

In other words, to play in the SPL you must have a UEFA Club Licence, regardless of whether you actually compete in UEFA competitions or not. (SFL clubs, who in normal circumstances wouldn't be expected to qualify for European tournaments, are dealt with separately via an "extraordinary procedure" in the event that they do.)

So, should Rangers FC be subject to liquidation and then reborn as a "newco", the new company would NOT be eligible for the licence required to play in the SPL, for at least three years. Furthermore, it is plainly and explicitly forbidden under SFA rules for such a licence to be transferred from one legal entity (Rangers FC) to another (New Rangers FC 2012). Well, that's that all sorted out, then. As you were.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 21:40:55 »

" Let the people sing "
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 21:42:25 »

Couple of good reads here regarding Rangers....

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=19040#more-19040

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=19285#more-19285

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 08:32:10 »

Fat Sally looks to be off today.
" Let the people sing "
Only from the advised songbook now.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 09:12:25 »

This week on Dream Team...

Club has been liquidised and transferred over to 'The Rangers Football Club', £100m+ of assets sold for £5.5m. That'll be the administrators doing the best deal for the creditors... Roll Eyes Expect some lawsuits and investigations against Duff and Phelps in the near future.

Walter Smith wants to buy the club (vulture picking the bones of a carcass) with the backing of a car dealer.

Gattuso has turned his back on them to sign for Sion.

The vote on letting 'The Rangers' back into the SPL is looking very, very tight. Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee united are all looking likely to reject their re-entry. In the case of Motherwell, they are pushing for fan ownership, and ignoring the fans on this will just completely undermine that project. Aberdeen have a huge pledge of fans returning in the event of Rangers disappearing, and an even greater number pledging to stay away if they're let in. See also: Celtic. Dundee United have been dragged through the muck, Thompson personally has, by Rangers, and look likely to chuck them. Hearts have just been shafted over the £800k they didn't receive for the transfer of Lee Wallace, though what goes through Romanov's head is anyone's guess.

If the situation arises that they are let back into the SPL without the voting structure of the SPL being overturned (11-1 vote), SPL grounds are going to be even more of ghost towns than they are right now.

And before the "clubs can't survive without Rangers" bullshit starts, the change in voting structure allows a change in how the TV money is split, which at the minute is stupidly in favour of the OF, and as that takes 2 teams to block the change, it won't change. Add this extra money to the extra fans brought in as clubs start fighting for 2nd, really negates the 1 or 2 games a season Rangers swell the coffers.

And Monday Bandele is on trial.

[url width=900 height=111]http://i46.tinypic.com/qnpycw.jpg[/url]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: