Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rangers  (Read 30673 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 18:10:16 »

Game over for Rangers and the SPL, five clubs have now stated they will be voting against them;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

One good thing is that the clubs voting against appear to have made their decision based on the views of the fans.

And if Rangers are out of the SPL, the other 11 clubs can force through fundamental change to the 11-1 majority currently required. (thats if the SFA don't force it themselves) Looks like a definite weakening of the Old Firms stranglehold on the league set-up.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 18:16:39 »

I'm sure that's played a role in their decision and there will be some major changes pushed through now.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, June 25, 2012, 18:19:00 »

I'm sure that's played a role in their decision and there will be some major changes pushed through now.

They'd be crazy not to.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 08:30:34 »

"Scottish Football is driven by two factors: Rangers and Celtic" - Charles Green.

[url width=172 height=192]http://i.imgur.com/KfNRi.gif[/url]

Next up: Whyte arrested
Murray arrested
Administrators investigated (selling £100m+ of assets for £5.5m)
Newco into admin (All season ticket money is going back into the oldco, players are leaving, Green has no more cash left)

This is just the beginning...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 10:47:15 »

Administrators investigated (selling £100m+ of assets for £5.5m)

I was surprised by how low the figure was, especially as they're now claiming they still own the players contracts.

Has the price actually been questioned by anyone?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:12:51 »

Newco into admin (All season ticket money is going back into the oldco, players are leaving, Green has no more cash left)
Can they put anything back into oldco? I thought oldco had been liquidated.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:29:56 »

Game over for Rangers and the SPL, five clubs have now stated they will be voting against them;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192

One good thing is that the clubs voting against appear to have made their decision based on the views of the fans.

It's like Murder on the Orient Express - everyone sticking the knife in (sorry to give the ending away)

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:53:26 »

It's like Murder on the Orient Express - everyone sticking the knife in (sorry to give the ending away)

Dont think they have done that yet as they have to transfer all assets over into newco and at the moment dosen't oldco still hold player registrations until it has all been agreed - although be interesting to see how many desert the sinking ship.

I fully expect a deal to be done somewhere that means Rangers spend 1 season in the SFL Div 1 before being promoted back to the SPL, they should go down to Div 3 or lower and be forced to start again is it was a team like Cally Thistle they wouldn't even be that bothered.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:54:59 »

Can they put anything back into oldco? I thought oldco had been liquidated.

Not yet. All assets have been moved over to the new club by the administrators, which the separate liquidators (HMRC appointed) may take a dim view of.  I think only the old co were allowed to sell season tickets, as they were the ones with the league place and a season to sell, although what happens now to those who have purchased (blind loyalty/stupidity) is anyones guess.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 12:54:11 »

Hahahaha
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 15:14:59 »

Kyle Lafferty, Steven Whittaker, Steven Naismith and Jamie Ness have all said that the newco can fuck off and they wont play for them Cheesy

Sign Lafferty up Paolo

(I know, i know, no chance of that)
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 16:18:42 »

Lafferty is an utter bawbag.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 16:23:33 »

Lafferty is an utter bawbag.

Is that good?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 17:47:32 »

What happens if the Scottish Football League vote against Rangers joining the league? Think it still needs a vote with something like 75% in favour. There's no reason why they would have to let them in is there?

Part of me thinks the smaller clubs (i.e. everyone bar Rangers and Celtic) are using this as an opportunity to lay the boot in to make up for all the shit they've had to deal with over the years. Can't say I blame them and I'd do it in their position.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 18:46:16 »

Chance of balance of power shift, better chance of Champions league (Hearts, etc), fear of fan backlash, lots of reasons to vote against.

I think they'll go into the first division, doubt the smaller clubs will object to the increased revenue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: