Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rangers  (Read 30336 times)
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 09:36:23 »

I feel for you if you think that is excitement Joycie!
I know it pales in comparison to playing the likes of Tranmere, Carlisle and Bury, but it gets me through the year.

We were involved in a challenge for the split, and it is exciting. You also have the bonus of playing Rangers and Celtic again, bigger crowds with Hearts etc, and the off chance of Europe.

We've also been involved in Europe and will be in the Champions League this year. That's pretty exciting.  Cheesy

Edit - Apologies for using that smiley yellow man, but my choice is a bit limited.

Edit again - Ardiles I like you.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 10:04:21 »

I know it pales in comparison to playing the likes of Tranmere, Carlisle and Bury, but it gets me through the year.

We were involved in a challenge for the split, and it is exciting. You also have the bonus of playing Rangers and Celtic again, bigger crowds with Hearts etc, and the off chance of Europe.

We've also been involved in Europe and will be in the Champions League this year. That's pretty exciting.  Cheesy

Edit - Apologies for using that smiley yellow man, but my choice is a bit limited.

Edit again - Ardiles I like you.

Stop coming up with entirely reasonable answers Joycie!!

Hearts are in Europe this season as well, wonder who will last longer?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 10:20:08 »

As much as I really don't like Hearts, I do love Vlad. I think we drop down into the Europa League when we get put out, and we tend to be kicking about the play-off round(if that's not where we're dropped), would be nice to see one of us (including United) reach the group stages but I'm not holding my breath.

St. Johnstone can get to f**k though.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 10:21:50 »

What do you expect though?  There are 10 of us (assuming you're English...think you said you were) to every 1 of them.  Personally, I think it's brilliant that a country of 5 million people can support a league set up of 4 divisions with promotion and relegation between them all.  Of course there are going to be differences and of course the standard is not going to be as high.  But give credit where it's due.

As it happens, the population of South West England is also just under 5 million.  Imagine a league set up covering that area, 40 teams, 4 divisions.  What kind of competition would that provide?  Puts in to perspective just how successful the Scottish leagues really are.

Fair play to you Ardiles for giving a reasonable viewpoint. To be honest Joycie is doing a fantastic job of explaining the merits of Scottish Football.

Never really understand the 'don't give a **** about scottish football' that you get on here at times. Why would you, unless you're Scottish.  Or do you constantly bang on about how you don't care about the leagues of Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria....

I find it quite hypocritical of some Swindon Town fans, fans of a club that has had a handful of decent seasons where they just about squeezed on to national level of awareness to be making such comments about other clubs being shit/pointless.

Next time there's a debate on making the ELP/2 a closed shop and that doesn't include Swindon, remember how unimportant a club Swindon Town is to people in other parts of the country.  We're all just stars in the universe of football, just some clubs are bigger stars than others.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:45:56 »

Here's a couple of excellent reads. I do agree with the comments of EJH in the first article :

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=19616#more-19616

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=19619#more-19619

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:49:33 »

Just read, after a day where Stewart Regan has been painting the 'long and slow death' picture with tv deals lost etc, Sky have ended up tweeting the pro- 'gers arse words to the effect of 'Stewart, we have no plans to end our coverage of the SPL'.

FAO Mssrs Doncaster & Regan - the blackmail approach is not working, viva la revolution!
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:58:05 »

I actually find scottish football quite interesting and agree with Ardiles' argument (I also can't match it for eloquence).  For a while there was a blog on the BBC by Chris Jardine who played for Annan (he may still).  It was a really good read.  Everything is relative but who are we to belittle clubs or leagues as poor/pointless/tinpot etc.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:59:38 »

I actually find scottish football quite interesting and agree with Ardiles' argument (I also can't match it for eloquence).  For a while there was a blog on the BBC by Chris Jardine who played for Annan (he may still).  It was a really good read.  Everything is relative but who are we to belittle clubs or leagues as poor/pointless/tinpot etc.

I used to read his blog too. Think he ended up getting injured half way through the season then couldn't get back in the side. Still, an interesting read.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 21:01:46 »

Why doesn't the Scottish Football League have a way for non-league sides to get promoted?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 21:02:28 »

Scots punch above their weight alright.

They've won the elephant polo world cup at least three times. I've been to Scotland and I haven't even seen an elephant, let alone a polo ground.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 21:04:43 »

Why doesn't the Scottish Football League have a way for non-league sides to get promoted?

That is set to be introduced in the near future. One team up from the highland league and one from the soon to be introduced central belt, southern region league, which will be called something much more catchy than what I've just labelled it.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 21:05:49 »

That is set to be introduced in the near future. One team up from the highland league and one from the soon to be introduced central belt, southern region league, which will be called something much more catchy than what I've just labelled it.

Ah, good for them. Should shake things up a bit.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, July 6, 2012, 08:50:23 »

Tbh, not many of the Junior clubs would want into the SFL. They attract reasonable crowds because their games are mostly local. Obviously if these new 'lower leagues' are regional then it might help them, but as soon as they get into D3, they lose that locality. It's why you see teams like Elgin, Annan and Gretna joining the SFL instead of the juniors.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, July 6, 2012, 11:55:57 »

Is that not hte carrot they are offering SL clubs that if you allow rangers in in SFL1 then we will introduce promotion and playoffs and share more tv money
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, July 6, 2012, 12:06:52 »

Just heard on 5live that Rangers want to go into div3 as it'll give them more time to re-structure   Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: