Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County Chairman  (Read 1249 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 12:59:22 »

Posts on their forum.

Remember when 'Flasher Mac' Mark Devlin used to post on here?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 17:17:43 »

Isn't he a bit grumpy with falling numbers and lack of support.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 18:01:58 »

And a fan base that expects top 6 minimum even though their squad isn't as good as others in this league. Tough job on his hands up there. I've heard they are in a similar situation to us in the sense that he doesn't want to put anymore money into the club this month for transfers because they are very close to the wage cap.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 10, 2013, 19:08:05 »

And a fan base that expects top 6 minimum even though their squad isn't as good as others in this league. Tough job on his hands up there. I've heard they are in a similar situation to us in the sense that he doesn't want to put anymore money into the club this month for transfers because they are very close to the wage cap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20959480

Trew, who said he has invested £12m since taking over in 2010, added: "I am not prepared to increase that sum.

"And the only way I will inject further monies is in the form of loans."

He added on Notts County Mad: "If I am being totally honest I am not motivated to even do that currently because I am not being supported by you, the fan base."
 He said: "Whilst I am disillusioned at the moment with the falling attendances (which is now severely impacting on the club's cash-flow), it is not in my character to give up on anything, so despite postings and rumours to the contrary, I will state for the record that myself and my wife are here to stay."

Trew added that although the average attendance is not much lower than last season, the figure is "camouflaged" by the number of free tickets given to schoolchildren.

However Trew said because the club have a relatively high wage bill - the sixth highest in the division - players have to leave before signings can be made.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: