Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England V France Matchday Thread  (Read 58847 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:50:00 »

England are the only side this tournament where the director has not cut to some attractive woman in the stands. Not that I've seen anyway.

IIIINNNGGGEEERLLLUUNNNDDD

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:50:31 »

Quite encouraged by that.

Main change i'd make for the next game is to leave Welbeck on the bench, if we go with same formation then Carroll would do better job holding the ball up. Defoe also looked quite lively but generally has looked better coming on late in games during his England career.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:50:51 »

England will be a better team once they stop selecting Gerrard. He's not a team player.

What he is, is a diving cheat. If he happened to not be english, and played against them the english media would call him exactly what he is, a cheat.

Having said that the rest of the team did well, fair play to them.  Typical Hodgson inspired tight ship.

totally agree with that-he's made a career out of cheating

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
kerry red

« Reply #153 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:51:15 »

Good, fairly typical, England tournament performance. Milner was crap and strangely Joe Hart looked a wee bit dodgy at times.

Had a really knowledgeable Irish commentator who said: 'A lot of these players are on view in the Premier League each week - such as Ribery'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:53:11 »

totally agree with that-he's made a career out of cheating

I'd tend to agree with what Jan says, but I thought Gerrard was brilliant tonight. A surprisingly disciplined performance from him.

Things get better but they never get good
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:55:55 »

Typical england display, we looked okish at the back but I cannot see where the goals are coming from.

Milner looked clumsy and did Henderson touch the ball?

Not disappointed, we certainly didn't see the tournament winners out there tonight.

The ref reminded me of my favourite Sunday league ref from years back.....he let everything go.

Missing Friday night but not too bothered.......hopefully we will get stronger!...pleaseeeeee.

Clems Army!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:58:17 »

I'd have taken the draw if offered before kick off, so a good result IMO. We never seem to start tournaments well, but I think this was one of our better opening performances for quite a few years! Encouraging to say the least, onto Friday now! We're missing a goalscorer (Rooney?)

#VivaKenBarlow!
Flashheart

« Reply #157 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:59:10 »

I keep thinking about the 'parking the bus' comments. Partly because I too thought we should have been pushing up further and was surprised to hear the commentators commenting on our 'bravery' for pushing up as much as we did. I didn't quite get it so made note of watching.

England did actually push up quite far, a bit too far for my liking. France failed to take advantage of that and seemed happy instead to pass it about sideways and wait for a breakthrough. They took so fucking long pushing up that we got men behind the ball.

« Last Edit: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:06:33 by Flashheart » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 18:59:13 »

I thought the game was dull. I also thought all of Chelsea latter stage Champions League games were dull and they won the fucking thing.

Decent result, dull performance.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #159 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:29:03 »

I'd have taken that before the game. I don't think the rest of Europe are going to be shitting themselves at the prospect of playing either of us. Wellbeck MOM for me - he's got a great touch and looks very comfortable. Both Ashley's were shite. Gerrard had a good first half but was shit in the 2nd.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:30:39 »

Two poor teams on that showing, Ukraine and Sweden will fancy their chances against both. Ukraine look rather good on this evenings performance.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:43:52 »

Ukraine look rather good on this evenings performance.

You must be watching a different game...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:49:34 »

Typical england display, we looked okish at the back but I cannot see where the goals are coming from.

Milner looked clumsy and did Henderson touch the ball?

Not disappointed, we certainly didn't see the tournament winners out there tonight.

The ref reminded me of my favourite Sunday league ref from years back.....he let everything go.

Missing Friday night but not too bothered.......hopefully we will get stronger!...pleaseeeeee.

Agree about Milner...he seems to have lost that sparkle,a lot of huff and puff but no end product from him.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 19:49:42 »

Sweden look good...

....but that's down to their quality shirts.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 20:20:51 »

More than happy with that first game up. Defended pretty well and looked relatively comfortable. Would obviously nice to add a cutting edge but could have scored more than the 1 we got. Would gave taken a draw before the game and that's what we ended up with. My expectations are alot lower than some admittedly. I believe more realistic. I don't expect us to play like Brasil in 1970 although I wouldn't complain if we did.

Jan - Stevie G is no bigger "cheat" than many other footballers. Oh how Scotland would kill for a player if his ilk.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: