Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Notts County pre match drivel and matchday Fred  (Read 4237 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 16:40:28 »

The fact we did similar to Young, alongside the known fact that we haven't backfilled coaching support, plus the rumour of reduced medical support, would rather suggest we are a bit shit at managing players through injury.  I'm almost inclined to suggest the managing minutes of the new arrivals was less to do with a well structured plan and more likely an agreement when signing them all that they'd all get game time, like I have to do with Rec League youths!

That's nice though - everyone gets a game at Swindon, its not just about winning, it's the taking part that counts.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 17:02:30 »

It's a shame we haven't pushed for rotational subs.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 17:06:12 »

I did ponder the other day that Gunning's own experience of having to play through injury might explain an element of over protectiveness towards some of the players.

He was very clear that the need to manage minutes wouldn't be an issue as of the Mansfield game if I remember, so maybe there was a plan?

We've reached the point I suspect where the sub "strategy" is going to be questioned regardless of who comes off the bench & when.

Winning football matches would be the normal cure but we might even be beyond that applying some balm to proceedings.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 18:37:03 »

I did ponder the other day that Gunning's own experience of having to play through injury might explain an element of over protectiveness towards some of the players.

He was very clear that the need to manage minutes wouldn't be an issue as of the Mansfield game if I remember, so maybe there was a plan?

You’re giving him way too much credit there thinking there is any method behind anything he does. The guy is just utterly clueless and another bullshitter in a sea of bullshit at the club.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 19:19:15 »

You’re giving him way too much credit there thinking there is any method behind anything he does. The guy is just utterly clueless and another bullshitter in a sea of bullshit at the club.

Yeah, maybe. Not going to disagree.

We'll see if Morfuni's "it's a results business" rationale for getting shot of Flynn will hold true for Gunning as well.
Trouble is, scraping away one layer of bullshit is likely to reveal another.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Today at 10:01:39 »

Also known as..

Khan and RHM refusing to sign new contracts

Devine is broken

We didn't recruit sufficiently enough..  and everyone has given up.
I spoke to Khan at the sponsors evening last week and he said he was out for the season after having a scan in the afternoon, has a small bone fracture out for 3 months.

Devine is a lovely young lad and feel sorry for him, he was confident last week he would be back fit soon, I thought he was a youth player as he looked about 14.

Pretty sure it won't be refusing to sign a new contract as from what I heard the club hasnt spoken to any players yet about extending any contracts. It was hinted that most players had a clause in their contract that they can be extended for 1 year at the clubs discretion, conversely they can be freed with no compensation too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Today at 10:03:24 »

If we weren't playing players who were leaving at the end of the season, we'd struggle to field a team!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Today at 10:17:01 »

They've won won of their last 8, and that was against Bradford (who we beat at home and were really poor).

So two poor sides, out of form. It's going to be a case of who fucks up the least
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Today at 10:19:55 »

It's going to be a case of who fucks up the least
Or gets a lucky shot on target.

Like a gunfight between Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Today at 16:53:06 »

Two drunks fighting in a pub......

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Today at 18:19:56 »

With all the injuries maybe we will sign a new player to help out Wink probably a defensive midfielder.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Today at 18:26:52 »

Will this even be on? Absolutely torrential rain showers round here and flash floods.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Today at 18:40:17 »

Will this even be on? Absolutely torrential rain showers round here and flash floods.

No fear, we have a ground owned by an expert plumber! The drainage will be tip top fantastico...oh well... Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Today at 19:21:22 »

Waiting for the SOS to go out asking for fans to turn up at 10am with mops and buckets #inittogether
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: