Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Russia V Czech Republic Matchday Thread  (Read 24693 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 14:26:32 »

If this was england fans blah blah blah

'If this was england' what exactly?

From what I can see no one was killed last night. England fans behaved like pricks for most of the 70's and 80's resulting in 39 people losing their lives at Heysel, and they were rightly punished. Since then it's pretty much the english media that bleat on about english hooligans whenever there's trouble (and quite rightly too).

Wish people would stop playing the victim card all the time.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 15:28:02 »

If England fans had done that to a steward it would be headline news for sure.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 16:10:22 »

What...so 2 WC finals, one Euro win,  a final appearance, and 2 3rd places, doesn't beat our 1 WC win, and 1 WC semi and a Euro semi?  Do you do the FIFA rankings?

Fair enough Reg. They have done pretty well when actually getting there. They've only qualified for 1 of the last 4 World Cups though. To say we can only dream of their international record is pushing things a little. I also notice they're down at number 30 odd in the current rankings, but then they're bollocks I suppose? FIFA should just get a wise old boy in like your good self. England would probably be behind Scotland then though.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 16:19:05 »

'If this was england' what exactly?

From what I can see no one was killed last night. England fans behaved like pricks for most of the 70's and 80's resulting in 39 people losing their lives at Heysel, and they were rightly punished. Since then it's pretty much the english media that bleat on about english hooligans whenever there's trouble (and quite rightly too).

Wish people would stop playing the victim card all the time.

You do realise that it was Liverpool and not England playing at the time of the Heysel Stadium disaster don't you.

And Dave is right, if England fans cause trouble at any tournament it will be much bigger news than if it was any other team.

Just think back to France in 1998, the trouble in Marseilles was reported as far more of an incident than the German fans that beat a french policeman to the point that he was in a coma.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 16:25:36 »

Just think back to France in 1998, the trouble in Marseilles was reported as far more of an incident than the German fans that beat a french policeman to the point that he was in a coma.

15 years ago it was headline news in the UK yes.  Not sure how well the trouble in St Etienne after Argentina's victory was reported though.  But you can't blame UEFA for the english based media building you lot up and then knocking you down.

The 'whole of Europe is against us' look how we're picked on victim mentality is getting a bit boring now.  I thought the people of UK were bigger than that, but at times you sound like a bunch of moaning school children.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 16:27:32 »

Calm yourself down janaage. The original post made by Dave was clearly (to me) a throwaway comment.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 16:33:09 »

I am calm.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 18:05:38 »

Yeah, it was.

Things get better but they never get good
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 18:10:33 »

Oh come on Jan. Surely you as a Scotsman should love a bit of "victim mentality".
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 20:58:46 »

UEFA open investigation into Russian violence. Good work.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 22:25:27 »

With this result the Russians have certainly arrived in Poland...let's hope it doesn't take them 45 years to leave this time.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: