Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well, it's here - are we looking forward?  (Read 38010 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 22:03:44 »

I don't like the format with 24 teams - 6 groups of 4, with the top two and four best 3rd place teams going through to the last 16. Reckon it would have been better to start with the lowest 16 ranked teams in 4 groups of 4 with the top two going through to another group stage with the 8 highest ranked teams joining them.

Will be a pity if it waters down the quality as the Euro's are a far better tournament than the WC at present.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 22:10:59 »

I quite liked the old WC 24 team format from Mexico 86 and Italia 90. Led to some pretty exciting group finished for the 3rd place teams.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 01:55:35 »

Only 'coz the scots still had a chance!

A 16 team tournament is all the euro's needs. I doubt the change is because of money (although that will be gladly accepted by UEFA), i imagine it's been driven because a lot of minor nations have such a say in what UEFA do

Things get better but they never get good
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 04:51:34 »

I know a fair few of you are saying you're not bothered about the Euros, but we're still in Florida on holiday and it's very strange not having a clue what's going on.  I feel like I'm missing out. We've managed to locate a British pub and are going to watch the game there on Monday.  It won't be the same though and I'm looking forward to watching the second group game in my local on Friday.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 07:56:53 »

A 16 team tournament is all the euro's needs. I doubt the change is because of money (although that will be gladly accepted by UEFA), i imagine it's been driven because a lot of minor nations have such a say in what UEFA do

Ah the old hypocrisy of a Swindon england supporter. At club level lower league clubs spend their time moaning about the power of the premier league elite, yet at international level you moan about 'minor nations'. Don't think it's sunk in that it won't be long before England edge towards 'minor nation' status. Still least you'll have some say in what Uefa do then. ;-)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:04:44 »

Ah the old hypocrisy of a Swindon england supporter. At club level lower league clubs spend their time moaning about the power of the premier league elite, yet at international level you moan about 'minor nations'. Don't think it's sunk in that it won't be long before England edge towards 'minor nation' status. Still least you'll have some say in what Uefa do then. ;-)
Thought we were already there?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:09:55 »

You're so angsty.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:12:57 by Costanza » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:15:20 »

You're so angsty.

What are your views on team gb costanza? Wink

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:15:37 »

I love the way you (you as in people in general) apply the stereotypical Scottish viewpoint on my thinking. Very indifferent to Team GB, won't be supporting it as I'm not into Olympic football though.  Much like devolution, don't think it's in Scotland's best interest right now to go for it, but don't let that get in the way of having a conversation between you and a typical average Scottish bloke (I don't even describe myself as Scottish by the way - cos I'm not - I'm British).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:16:13 »

I love the way you (you as in people in general) apply the stereotypical Scottish viewpoint on my thinking. Very indifferent to Team GB, won't be supporting it as I'm not into Olympic football though.  Much like devolution, don't think it's in Scotland's best interest right now to go for it, but don't let that get in the way of having a conversation between you and a typical average Scottish bloke (I don't even describe myself as Scottish by the way - cos I'm not - I'm British).

I'm winding you up.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:17:38 »

What are your views on team gb costanza? Wink

I think the whole project will be forgotten about by November, with the "national identities" all in tact.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:18:21 »

Thought we were already there?

Good point NMH. But in truth, England are far from shite at the moment. However if the EPL continues the way it is it won't be long before half the england squad will be sourced from Championship sides, or at best crap relegation threatened Premier League clubs, then you'll really no what it's like to be shit.  Actually reading 6 of your lot are from Liverpool, perhaps you are closer to shitness then I thought. ;-)

Flashheart

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:25:55 »

janaage's been jacking up the heroin again.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:30:22 »

Added to that too much Irn Bru this time of day and it's recipe for murrrrderrrrr.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 08:31:17 »

deep fried heroin Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: