Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well, it's here - are we looking forward?  (Read 38325 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:29:28 »

For the last Euro Championship I was counting down the days and had my viewing all planned out for the entire tournament. Not this time though, I actually only realised a few days ago it was starting today and I'm still not sure when England are playing. I'll watch England (provided I remember) and maybe a few other games but I basically don't give a toss.

Main reason is I'm just not that bothered about England any more. Primarily due to the players in general all being a bunch of overpaid prima donna tossers, the final straw being John Terry getting selected. I could never understand football fans saying they'd lost interest in England but I get it now.

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:31:06 »

What price are they?

13/2
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:31:28 »

You don't care about England yet you'll watch them?

There's plenty of potentially great games without even thinking about England.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:43:48 »

Had a few quid on the dutch after having a more detailed look today.

Think their defence looks too dodgy personally.

Have had a punt on Portugal in the end, at around 20/1. Spain and Germany are too short to be worth it so have gone for the fallback of backing the team with the best player in the tournament.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:46:08 »

Think their defence looks too dodgy personally.

Have had a punt on Portugal in the end, at around 20/1. Spain and Germany are too short to be worth it so have gone for the fallback of backing the team with the best player in the tournament.

Plenty of potential winners. Even England have a reasonable shout and are priced accordingly for a change.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 13:09:51 »

There's plenty of potentially great games without even thinking about England.

My concern is that the tournament will be a snorefest of anti-football, punctuated by unpleasant incidents amongst the fans. Part of the problem is that too many of the competitive sides have dodgy defenders, so tend to pack their midfields with watercarriers rather than fantasistas. Hence the Dutch who should be a standard bearer, have a midfield of de Jong and Van Bommel. Spain try to protect their dodgy defence, by just keeping the ball, and were pretty much a 1-0 side in the WC.

It would be nice to see this afternoon's opener be something other than a 0-0 draw.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 13:13:49 »

I know it's your fear Reg old boy but it's raining so there's no cricket.

So let the train wreck begin.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 13:26:33 »

I know it's your fear Reg old boy but it's raining so there's no cricket.

So let the train wreck begin.

Unfortunately they're playing at Lords,where Somerset are making a pig's ear of things.

This is the first time the first two days of a test have been lost in England since the 2nd Ashes Test of 64, also in June about about 10 days later. When it did start even the combined wonderousness of Freds Trueman and Titmus couldn't force a win
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 23:18:16 »

was that also the last time the jocks qualified for a tournament?

No, we qualified for France 98 but that's been it and likely to stay that way.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 10:02:21 »

The Scots fans are missed from these shindigs.

I blame Del Amitri.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 14:06:21 »

No, we qualified for France 98 but that's been it and likely to stay that way.

With the Euro's becoming 24 teams surely you have a good chance for qualifying now? if the likes of Estonia can make the playoff's surely Scotland could.
kerry red

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 14:18:33 »

The Euros are just about a perfect tournament with 16 teams - very few meaningless matches and doesn't last too long.

Yet again UEFA are going to fuck up something that aint broke just for more cash.

Somebody needs to give Platini a right royal kicking - fucking frog twat
adje

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 15:54:19 »

The Euros are just about a perfect tournament with 16 teams - very few meaningless matches and doesn't last too long.

Yet again UEFA are going to fuck up something that aint broke just for more cash.

Somebody needs to give Platini a right royal kicking - fucking frog twat

totally agree-more teams=poorer games.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 16:36:27 »

totally agree-more teams=poorer games.

Yeah keep the 'lesser' nations out. Who needs the crap games like we do in the world cup such as Cameroon v Argentina and France v Senegal.

More teams = more games = more footie.

I think UEFA should introduce go all the way 32 team tournament just like the world cup, make it a proper festival of football.

PS - Even if it was a 64 team tournament I think Scotland would struggle to qualify, and if they did we'd be back before the post cards as per usual.
Coca Fola

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, June 9, 2012, 21:08:13 »

I welcome the move as it means that surely Bosnia will qualify for the next Euros.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: