Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4-5-1  (Read 2066 times)
Anonymous

« on: Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 00:26:31 »

Your thoughts? At first i must say i thought it was going to be a bit of a "boring" formation but it's proved to be great and we're really getting in to teams with it and creating as well as being solid at the back when needed. Thought we did well against Bournemouth but have started looking alot more solid. Rhys said in the adver he was having a bit of a hard time but these two straight clean sheets will bread confidence into the defence and for Rhys himself. As for the player who plays in the "hole" do you think Roberts would be better in it rather than Igoe and Igoe on the right and will Roberts be content with playing there?

Must say well done to King, he's pulled one of the hat (for a change)
Turbo

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 29, 2004, 04:45:17 »

We have a lot of flair players in midfeild which means often we are caugtht out in midfeild when too many are forward, but with 4 in defence and 5 in midfeild our midfeild/defence can cope with the attacking and Parkin played well as a lone striker and had a lot of support from the midfeild.

Well done Kingy.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 30, 2004, 17:56:19 »

It is the way forward.
We have had problems with defensive capabilities ion midfiels and Kingy has come up with the solution: put some defenders in midfield!

GENIUS!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 13:27:22 »

I am reluctant to brand King a genius for changing to 4-5-1, despite it's relative success as it is the latest fashionable formation following Everton's recent success with it.  Many teams in the Premiership are starting to use it away from home with greater or lesser degrees of success.  King has been the manager for nearly five years.  One would have hoped that in that time King would have opted for a formation and bought the players to fill it.  Last season it took a formation change (3-5-2 to 4-4-2 starting against Brentford), and admittedly the introduction of Howard to the first team, to turn results around and get us up the table.  The same appears to be happening this season...  Good or bad, I guess if it gets us into the playoffs at the end of the day King has done a good job.
Trowbridge Red

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 16:54:31 »

I agree with 451 away from home but at home i have yet to believe it’s going to work.

I don't think it’s that good if you go one nil down and there wingers are not getting enough of the ball.
Also i feel the strike, Parkin, needs to be better supported. One or two of the central midfielders needs to get in the box when the crosses are coming in else its 3 defenders against Parkin.

But the problem is midfield and with the personnel in the centre that is costing goals. It’s just to lightweight and teams just stroll through it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: