Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dog Attack.  (Read 11505 times)
DRS

« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:05:15 »

I would still love to know what a child that age is doing playing in an alleyway.Don't just mean in this case but the dog and the owners get alot of stick when these things happen when infact bad parenting is just as much to blame.
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:07:32 »

I read that the kid was playing in the back garden DRS

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:07:38 »

How many of you lot had-have a staffie or family-friends that have them? I'd be interested to learn if you know of any aggression towards people from them. I have never seen any myself. Mine loves people and has never even growled at a person.
Never seen it from friends dogs over the years either
« Last Edit: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:10:44 by arriba » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:08:47 »

Where does that link say anything about staffs?

Didn't mention Staffs did i?

But now you have you wont convince me they are a suitable dog for a family.

DRS the kid walked into his next doors garden and was attacked i believe....at least the poor postie will feel a tad safer now.

Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:12:14 »

Lee

The link you posted was in direct response to somebody saying that staffs are a great family pet.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:13:13 »

I would still love to know what a child that age is doing playing in an alleyway.Don't just mean in this case but the dog and the owners get alot of stick when these things happen when infact bad parenting is just as much to blame.

Very harsh. Sometimes little ones can have a little wander and perhaps you lose eyesight contact with them for a short period, that's not bad parenting, it's life.  Not relating it to this story as I have no idea about the facts, but to label it bad parenting is tough I think.
DRS

« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:19:29 »

That's fair enough Jan didn't mean it to be that way.In my opinion though alot of it is bad parenting at times,not all the time though i agree.If a toddler can go wondering off like that surely questions should be asked,
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:21:57 »

DRS:

The toddler was mauled by the animals, which are believed to be staffordshire bull terriers, in a back garden at around 6pm on Sunday before being taken to hospital for emergency treatment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/toddler-mauled-dog-attack?newsfeed=true

DRS

« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:26:37 »

Sure on adver site it says otherwise.With quotes from family,i am extremely hungover though so may be wrong
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:28:46 »

If you're right I'd be inclined to be agreeing with you
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:33:24 »

This happened a few streets over from me. Terrible incident, dont know the dog owners so couldnt comment on if they are irresponsible or not. Although there does always seem to be aggresive dogs running wild without an owner in sight at pembroke...
Hopefully the kid is ok.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 20:50:31 »

Playing devil's advocate here...but there is a difference.  Ovens, kettles, irons etc are all things that we need to live in 2012.  When you buy them or have them fitted, there is a trade off between how much you need them vs the risk that something bad could happen to a child if not used safely.  In all these examples, the fact you need them so much means the risk is considered to be acceptable.

Conversely, no one needs a Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the way that they need a plug socket.  The balance between needs vs danger is quite different when you're talking about the dog.  That's why I have difficulty with the acceptable risk argument there.

Nobody needs kids!
Coca Fola

« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 23:30:57 »

Nobody needs kids!
Yes you do. If you don't have kids your life has been pointless, you've not accomplished what you were born to do.
Sussex

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 08:38:23 »

Yes you do. If you don't have kids your life has been pointless, you've not accomplished what you were born to do.

Interesting...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 5, 2012, 09:04:44 »

Fuck that. I have a hard enough time looking after myself, let alone a kid or a dog.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: