Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Builder for house extension  (Read 2309 times)
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« on: Sunday, June 13, 2021, 19:57:24 »

Any builders on here who do this work or any recommendations. I'm in Swindon. Single story extension going out max I can without planning permission. Need someone to give ideas as well as rough cost. My wife is keener than me. I need convincing.
Also anyone to avoid.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 13, 2021, 19:59:25 »

If you or the Mrs is on Facebook advertise in the groups and you should get lots of advice

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 13, 2021, 20:50:13 »

Pm sent  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 09:13:59 »

Faintly related but we are currently having some work done to our bathroom at the moment and our plumber was telling us that parts and cement in the industry are currently in short supply as some of the 'ingredients' come from Europe and this has been slowed down due to the recent transition.

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but thought it worth mentioning on here as work could be delayed etc. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 15:44:41 »

Faintly related but we are currently having some work done to our bathroom at the moment and our plumber was telling us that parts and cement in the industry are currently in short supply as some of the 'ingredients' come from Europe and this has been slowed down due to the recent transition.

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but thought it worth mentioning on here as work could be delayed etc. 

Its only going to get a whole lot worse, as we diverge from the EU standards (later this year early next - I don't recall) stuff will need to be retested to meet the as yet new UK standards and there is just not the capacity in the UK to deal with it. Architects and HBF are already up in arms about it.

Any builders on here who do this work or any recommendations. I'm in Swindon. Single story extension going out max I can without planning permission. Need someone to give ideas as well as rough cost. My wife is keener than me. I need convincing.
Also anyone to avoid.

You can possibly go even further with neighbour notification but not PP. 
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 14, 2021, 19:41:53 »

Its only going to get a whole lot worse, as we diverge from the EU standards (later this year early next - I don't recall) stuff will need to be retested to meet the as yet new UK standards and there is just not the capacity in the UK to deal with it. Architects and HBF are already up in arms about it.

You can possibly go even further with neighbour notification but not PP. 
As semi detached I think I can go out 3 metres. I wouldn't want to go out much more anyway. I get on with neighbours both sides so I think they'd be ok as both have extended but don't think I need to go there unless builders cone up with some good suggestions.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:43:15 »

Also anyone to avoid.

ABLE?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:46:39 »

ABLE?

Ones that exist. silly.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:57:36 »

You might want to speak to an architect/planning consultant first if you're looking for ideas and guidance on what's possible.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 11:20:27 »

As semi detached I think I can go out 3 metres. I wouldn't want to go out much more anyway. I get on with neighbours both sides so I think they'd be ok as both have extended but don't think I need to go there unless builders cone up with some good suggestions.

Looks like you are on it, further few PD rules here...

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/17/extensions
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 14:40:48 »

Looks like you are on it, further few PD rules here...

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/17/extensions
Thanks for these. Sandy, was hoping to avoid architects plans as no longer needed I believe. I'm going for the Mr whippy approach of the plans being in my head.
The big issue we will have is drains. We have drains for 3 or 4 properties and one is within the 3 metres we'd like to extend to. I'm sure it will be s big expensive issue where we will need the water boards permission to reroute taking weeks and shitloads of money to get approval.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 14:49:14 »

Thanks for these. Sandy, was hoping to avoid architects plans as no longer needed I believe. I'm going for the Mr whippy approach of the plans being in my head.
The big issue we will have is drains. We have drains for 3 or 4 properties and one is within the 3 metres we'd like to extend to. I'm sure it will be s big expensive issue where we will need the water boards permission to reroute taking weeks and shitloads of money to get approval.

When we extended the other year we didn't have any plans drawn up, just make sure that you check what building regs will need to see and from experience make sure they bloody record things!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: