Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Languages  (Read 5819 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:14:48 »

Exactly right. Pigeon English is hilarious. Reply I had earlier from a scammer I've been insulting.

"GUY YOU BE REALLY SMALL BOY 4 STREET.. SEE MY ADDRESS COME NO:32 OFF
IHIMUDUMU STREET EKPOMA..I BE FULL TIME MAN FIGHTER.. AYES NO GET
LEVEL WE GO FINISH THE WHOLE AYES 4 EKPOMA 4 THE BEGE WHEN WE GET
SOO..ME NA FULL TIME LIGHTER FOR THE GREEN MEN SQUARD,,GOD PURNISH
YOUR HOPELSS FATHER AND THUBDER GO STRIKE YOU ASHAWO MOTHER WHEN I DON
FUCK SIX 6 GOOD TIMES FOR GOD SAKE...AYE LALA GO FINISH YOUR ENTIERE
LINAGE OOOO.. YOU CHEAP BASTERED "
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:15:07 »

Any of the following in my opinion,

French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian.

Tell kids to pick 2 out of that 5.

Just out of interest, why Russian? I learnt a bit as I spent a month in St Petersburg. Wish I'd learnt a bit more to be honest. At least I got the hang of Cyrillic...
Coca Fola

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:16:54 »

Massive language in business nowadays. Not as big as Mandarin or English but teaching Mandarin to GCSE pupils is too complicated for them at that age.
Coca Fola

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:17:30 »

Just out of interest, why Russian? I learnt a bit as I spent a month in St Petersburg. Wish I'd learnt a bit more to be honest. At least I got the hang of Cyrillic...
пизда  Wink
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:28:06 »

Started Spanish language classes at college for one night a week, I'm into year two now and have really enjoyed being able to talk with the locals whilst in Spain on Holidays. Still difficult to fully understand when listening to groups of Spanish people talking to each other,especially an excitable lot ! There is a girl on our course who is Dutch but is still top at learning Spanish language in a class full of English people which is pretty impressive.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:30:26 »

пизда  Wink

Finally. I've been a member of this forum for years! Nice to get an international twist on it...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:33:15 »

I know enough German to get by.

A basic grasp of French.

I'd like to speak another language fluently. Haven't decided which one yet.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:41:26 »

I did French at school and hated it. Complete waste of time.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 22:42:42 »

My reason for going to college for Spanish language was at the start purely for getting by whilst on holidays to Spain but i found the first year really interesting and enjoyable so carried on into year two. My youngest daughter is also doing Spanish at school so we often try to go for an hour or two speaking Spanish to each other which has helped the both of us.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:00:43 »

reminds me of this

or this

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:04:00 by dave_bambers_right_sock » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:08:31 »

Mimi ni ufasaha kwa lugha ya kiswahili
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 23:14:56 »

I lived in Germany for little while as a kid and the schools made no effort to teach young minds a new language, I've always considered that a shame.

People with strong family links with non-English speaking countries are likely to be multi-lingual from an early age and rightly so. My missus' aunt and uncle buggered off to France some years ago and now they are all perfectly fluent. The youngest cousins (now in their 20's) are essentially French with Bristolian as their broken English, very odd.

I don't speak any other languages and I won't pretend that my French GCSE counts.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 01:43:32 »

Its a shame, because we expect everyone to know english, so most people can't be bothered. I always try and learn a few phrases in the native language. Because we expect people to speak english in the uk, so why cant us brits speak spainish in spain?

Probably because we ought to be able to master our own language first. Grin
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 01:48:15 »

I did french between the ages of 11-14, then ditched it because it was too hard. I do kind of regret it now, but everyone speaks english anyway (BECOZ WE R THE BEST COUNTRY EVUH RITE)

Things get better but they never get good
Amir

« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 1, 2012, 02:23:46 »

I'm not too bad at Khmer but I'm far from fluent.  I did French at school, although I probably speak more Bahasa Indonesia now, and what I know of that you could write on the back of an envelope.

Thinking of moving to Japan so I'll have to try learning at least some.  Really want to properly learn one or all of French/Italian/Spanish before I die.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: