Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fat bastard...  (Read 8643 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 18:42:17 »

Cheese Bicycle
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 19:19:39 »

Fuck the fruit, combine everything into one meal. Cider it is.

Go on Coca, give it a go for a week.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 08:50:56 »

Just stopped taking sugar in coffee. Stir fry chicken and veg in hoi sin sauce for tea tonight (home made Smiley ). I'm 14st 2lbs and want/need to lose about 6lbs. I never want to get back to the 16st 12lbs I used to weigh!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 11:18:06 »

This tyhread prompted me to weigh myself yesterday. Didn't look good and i need to shed some baggage. I will do it by eating what i want but will count the calories and walk further with the dog.
It's like quitting smoking really. If you want to do it you can.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 11:36:26 »

Weighed myself last week and am up to 13.5 stone.  I should be 12.5 max.  I put this down to not attending the gym since October and attending both home an away games all season a large majority of them resulting in an all day\night session.

Must get back into the gym.  Anyone want to join me as I find it much easier with a training partner.  I'm a member of David Lloyd and can go weekday evenings 5pm until late and pretty much anytime at weekends.  Mainly looking to do weights as cardio is taken care of via cycling and squash during the week.
Barry Scott

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 11:54:39 »

It's like quitting smoking really. If you want to do it you can.

Completely agree, it's very similar. Having once weighted somewhere north of 17 stone - I'm 5'11" and currently about 12 stone and no longer a smoker - food is like an addiction. You need to change permanently. It's like saying I'll just smoke at lunch or just smoke at weekends (until you're fully off the fags a year or so later) because you're still a smoker, only doing it less.

You either give up and change the way you eat forever, or you stay the same and just convince yourself for short periods of time that you're being healthy and shit's changed. It just causes people to yoyo. People lose weight and then decide now they're slimmer they can eat shit again.

It's about eating well, staying eating well and being aware of the bad stuff you eat and the frequency with which you do it. Exercise is imperative as well. I fucking hate exercise though - despite using the gym near enough every bloody day.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 12:59:31 »

be careful with fruit, they may contain vitamins and minerals but they are also high in sugars, no more than 2 pieces a day. Greens is where its at. lots of greens
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 13:59:52 »

My beer gut will soon be a thing of the past.

It's not so much a lose weight thing, it's more of a get healthier thing. I need to stop drinking during the week so I can concentrate on my job better. I tried a few weeks back and actually found it surprisingly easy but I had the problem of not being able to sleep, which in turn means I can't get any work done.

So, I need to try again but this time with excercise thrown in to (hopefully) help deal with the sleeping issue. Recently moved apartment and my new place has an excercise bike in it, so no excuses and all that.
Barry Scott

« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 15:05:33 »

be careful with fruit, they may contain vitamins and minerals but they are also high in sugars, no more than 2 pieces a day. Greens is where its at. lots of greens

I live on Salad, although by salad I actually mean various green leaves (Lettuce & Spinach), coriander, chicken and Sainsbury's Red Pepper and Chilli Dressing. Sexy.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 15:33:36 »

I live on Salad, although by salad I actually mean various green leaves (Lettuce & Spinach), coriander, chicken and Sainsbury's Red Pepper and Chilli Dressing. Sexy.

Coriander is the devil's work.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 15:37:03 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18262887

Its political correctness gone mad, or something.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 15:49:16 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18262887

Its political correctness gone mad, or something.

If you have to refer to someone who is above the recommended healthy weight by some margin, what are you supposed to say? "If you were six inches taller you'd be the right weight for your height"?
Flashheart

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 15:56:28 »

Gravitationally thwarted
Barry Scott

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 16:20:47 »

If you have to refer to someone who is above the recommended healthy weight by some margin, what are you supposed to say? "If you were six inches taller you'd be the right weight for your height"?

If we had to use language like that I'm sure there are many who would struggle not to laugh if saying, "if you were more than twice your current height you'd be close to an average weight."
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 16:52:14 »

I have turned into a bit of a fat bastard and need to do something about it. Anyone got any tips outside of the normal eat well/exercise?

Thanks
Love Fatty McFreddie xx

Curse of the job. Shifts and bad mealtimes with no pattern.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: