Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke mccormick  (Read 122621 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:29:46 »

Pluses: Good, quality keeper proven in the championship/wouldn't cost a thing/would be a good back up and push Wes for the starting slot.

Negatives: Convicted of manslaughter, bad publicity, divided fans, (would it) affect his game if he played...along with the rest.

Whoever made the call for inviting him for a trial sure has 1 big set of balls!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:32:31 »

He was never convicted of manslaughter.
Dozno9

« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:36:27 »

What's his favourite cheese?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:38:11 »

This one is starting to replay now, time to knock it on the head.

What will be will be..  nobody is right or wrong in this case, every opinion is right for that person.

We should just leave it at that me thinks.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:41:15 »

Can't say I'm happy about this one bit as I'm a father and just to think what he has done to that poor family is unbearable plus if he does get a contract with us next season we will have to listen to the opposition fans throw all kinds of abuse at him and our club for signing him. I take my boy to the game with me and i dont want him to have to listen to it. The whole thing is just bad publicity and will draw a dark cloud over our club which is a shame when we have just had a fantastic season.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:44:34 »

He was never convicted of manslaughter.

Death by dangerous driving*

#VivaKenBarlow!
Jackstfc

« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 17:58:53 »

He was jailed for 7 years and 4 months so for me his conviction is NOT spent yet. He is still on payback.
So he should not be even considered for a career with us before Summer 2016.

This is the first negative story we have been involved in for a while now and I would rather he didn't come to our club at all to be honest but he is a human being and he should be offered the chance to be a community servant until his conviction is fully spent. Perhaps he can help in the local community, then get a contract once 7 and a half years after conviction and he has , in the eyes of the law anyway, fully repaid his dues to society.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:07:32 »

This horse has already bolted the stable. He has trained with the club and been given a trial so there is a willingness to take him on. Regardless of wherther he signs or not the club have decided it is OK to do so.
From his point of view ( whilst he may like to stay out of the limelight ( its what he does and its what he can get paid well for. He's a decent keeper and he needs someone to take him on to rehabilitate him until he moves on.
I'd like to hear from McCormick. If he's going to hand over x% of his wages to charity and work tirelessly giving anti DD messages then maybe it might work. I'd also like to hear from the familty affected - if they gave it the green light then maybe people who are anti should stand down.
I'm against this at the moment but I want to hear from the people directly involved.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:16:54 »

Anyone hear JW's TEF drop in the BBC interview that on the website? Apparently there is a 'mature debate on thetownend.com' (or words to that effect).

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:18:06 »

Anyone hear JW's TEF drop in the BBC interview that on the website? Apparently there is a 'mature debate on thetownend.com' (or words to that effect).

If your reading JW, I love you.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:22:07 »

I posted the link on a previous page

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:23:27 »

I posted the link on a previous page
Smashing!!

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:25:13 »

Not comfortable with this at all.

I can't say much else.

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:28:03 »

Just to throw this out there again, but would there be such outrage if he was just under the legal limit? Just because that's what people are focusing on most so it would interest me.

And what I'm about to say will not make this right but this could have happened to any of you. I'd be highly surprised if any more than a handful of people could hand on heart said they had never done the following:

*Driven or attempted to drive under excess alcohol
*Driven at dangerous speeds
*Driven having had minimal sleep or driven whilst tired

How would you feel about never being able to work again? What if you were able to get the same type of work but at a much lesser level and with a lot less pay than what you had before?
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 18:28:23 »

if they go through with signing him, get a shit load of backlash and bad publicity - for what? a back up keeper  Huh? doesn't seem worth it

what happened to that david james rumour?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: