Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 330311 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 21:01:32 »

I lost interest in England back in the early 80's when we got let down by them so much at big tournaments, so much so I hated the 86 World Cup and didn't watch one game......but I now enjoy it and although we won't win the cup we will have a good go at it and are much better organised than and England team have been recently even though the stand out players aren't in evidence so much as they have been in the past.

Interesting biography there. So in essence you gave up on England because of them letting you down in the 1980 & 82 tournaments, which weren't really massive failures, Eng went out in 80 due to their defeat to the hosts and were no disgraces in 82 either, weird format..  All this only 14/16 years after winning the WC, that's like giving up today if England had won Euro 96 or WC 98. Unbelievable.

And what a World Cup (86) to boycott, fantastic tournament, probably the best one I can recall, a bit of me thinks you deserved to not see it for being such a fair weather supporter though, you big jessie.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 21:05:07 »

Young was much worse than milner yesterday,he should be replaced.

totally agree with that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 07:23:59 »

Well well, the Russians are out.  Bit of a shock there.

The Russians going out as the Czechs win.  Unexpected icing on a surprise cake.  Do toho!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #498 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:15:31 »

Interesting biography there. So in essence you gave up on England because of them letting you down in the 1980 & 82 tournaments, which weren't really massive failures, Eng went out in 80 due to their defeat to the hosts and were no disgraces in 82 either, weird format..  All this only 14/16 years after winning the WC, that's like giving up today if England had won Euro 96 or WC 98. Unbelievable.

And what a World Cup (86) to boycott, fantastic tournament, probably the best one I can recall, a bit of me thinks you deserved to not see it for being such a fair weather supporter though, you big jessie.
I spent thousands following England back in 82,83,84 and 85 I was in Spain when we fucked up in the 2nd round in 82, which was a failure, I went with them all accross europe with England and we were poor, we failed to qualify for the Euros in 84 which was a failure.

We appointed Bobby Robson as manager who picked some of the worst England players on record. I was at Wembley when we played USSR in 84 when England put out one of the poorest performances ever against anyone when we lost 2-0 at home to a poor USSR side and we played players such as Duxbury, Roberts, Fenwick, Chamberlain, Hateley and Hunt.

We were awful back then, one of the worst England teams ever.

I was fed up with spending money following a team of non triers so I drifted away from England, and working in London at the time I was too busy to go and watch them as well.

I didn't miss Mexico one bit and enjoyed the rest from International football.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #499 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:15:52 »

double post.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:54:46 »

Only ever spent money to go to watch England once. Spent a fortune on a package of tickets for USA World Cup 94, only for England to bugger it up and not qualify. (The only saving grace being that I got to see Norway whilst wearing my STFC shirt)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kerry red

« Reply #501 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 08:59:48 »

I've seen England twice.

Once, God know how long ago this is, Wales away at Ninian Park and Francis Lee scored.

That was a bit tasty.

The other Northern Ireland at Wembley - so memorable I have no idea what the score was.

My ambition is to see England play the W. Indies in Barbados
Flashheart

« Reply #502 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 11:35:03 »

UEFA investigating England fans for an attempted pitch invasion.

I can't help but think if they really wanted to invade the pitch, it would have happened.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #503 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 11:44:57 »

UEFA investigating England fans for an attempted pitch invasion.

I can't help but think if they really wanted to invade the pitch, it would have happened.
mmm sounds like a pathetic feeble excuse to blame England fans for some trouble which has in the main been caused entirely by the host nations fans and Russia so far.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #504 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 11:46:31 »

The story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18476818

Flashheart

« Reply #505 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 12:05:51 »

Fuck you EUFA

You can fine us every match and we'll still win the......

No wait, that doesn't work does it?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #506 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 12:10:45 »

Fuck you EUFA

You can fine us every match and we'll still win the......

No wait, that doesn't work does it?
Too Italian Cheesy

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 19:13:38 »

How the bloody hell are the groups decided when level on points, head to head right. But as of now in group B there are 3 teams on 3 points with a -1 GD. And the group was Portugal, Denmark Holland.

Head to head:

Holland 0 Denmark 1
Denmark 2 Portugal 3
Portugal 0 Holland 1

So is it just a mini group on goals scored or what.

And as I type Denmark level against ze Germans making the whole question pointless. But as I type that Portugal equalise through the ladyboy.

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 19:14:45 »

The dutch defence is shocking. That goal's been coming
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Sunday, June 17, 2012, 19:17:54 »

I spent thousands following England back in 82,83,84 and 85 I was in Spain when we fucked up in the 2nd round in 82, which was a failure, I went with them all accross europe with England and we were poor, we failed to qualify for the Euros in 84 which was a failure.

We appointed Bobby Robson as manager who picked some of the worst England players on record. I was at Wembley when we played USSR in 84 when England put out one of the poorest performances ever against anyone when we lost 2-0 at home to a poor USSR side and we played players such as Duxbury, Roberts, Fenwick, Chamberlain, Hateley and Hunt.

We were awful back then, one of the worst England teams ever.

I was fed up with spending money following a team of non triers so I drifted away from England, and working in London at the time I was too busy to go and watch them as well.

I didn't miss Mexico one bit and enjoyed the rest from International football.

You must have been a hard man to please back then, especially as now you're happy to watch the shite that Swindon have served up for the last x number of years.

86 qualification results included Turkey 0 England 8, England 5 Turkey 0, Northern Ireland 0 England 1. Very efficient qualifying. We all know what happened in the tournament itself. England started poorly but got better as the tournament progressed.

84' qualification was blown by losing to the 'dazzling Danes' one of the best European sides in modern times. Hardly a reason to give up on your country. But then again that seems to be a British trait, never giving the opposition credit for being better, just that your mob, whether it's England, Scotland or Wales, aren't trying or good enough. Most countries on the planet would have struggled to top a group containing the Danes back then.

Also was the USSR match even a competitive one? Just looked it up on Google, looks like it was a end of season friendly.

Your choice, but come on, a bit of you must be gutted you didn't go to Mexico, would have been an adventure of a lifetime. I wish I'd gone to more tournaments when I had nothing to stop me, like a wife and not qualifying. ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: