Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 330127 times)
DRS

« Reply #450 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 22:55:27 »

I give a fuck and i love the fact that we finally seem to have a manager who gives a fuck.People saying tonight was typical england are wrong,at 2-1 we would of lost that game.With Hodgson and even neville on the sidelines i get the impression that given time they can remind the next batch of players that playing for england shouldnt be a chore.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 22:56:36 »

I was detached but then with the game on in the background I get drawn in. Ending up getting wound up yet again by all the fucking stupid school boy mistakes and them making poor opponents look half decent. Whilst we haven't got the best team, we have got some decent players and they always turn in to fucking morons as soon as they put on an England shirt.

Even the pundits were winding me up, applauding Hodgson for the game changing substitution rather than criticising him for picking the wrong players in the first place. Only in Hodgson World is Milner a better player than Walcott.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:05:45 »

i love the fact that we finally seem to have a manager who gives a fuck.

Agreed. Think Hodgson (& Neville) could do great things for England.

DRS

« Reply #453 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:08:21 »

Bollocks Jonny,like most you are happy to jump on the anti bandwagon.People like you thrive on us losing or just point out the negative.For everything bad you pointed out you choose to ignore that Bar the goals Hart had fuckall saves to make,we scored 3 good goals from open play,the keeper has made 3 superb saves.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #454 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:13:02 »

Based on my expectations we've already overachieved. I'm hoping at the end of this tournament we can remove the "golden generation" and crack on with the youngsters. In Roy I trust.
Spud

« Reply #455 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:15:54 »

It's BACK ON!
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:25:25 »

Also Jonny, Milner in my opinion is a far better player and option than Walcott.
9 times out of ten his shot would of gone into row Z, and his cross for the goal would have gone out for a throw.
He's a rich mans Ricky Shakes with no dancing.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:42:18 »

Bollocks Jonny,like most you are happy to jump on the anti bandwagon.People like you thrive on us losing or just point out the negative.For everything bad you pointed out you choose to ignore that Bar the goals Hart had fuckall saves to make,we scored 3 good goals from open play,the keeper has made 3 superb saves.

Not at all. I just get frustrated when they make stupid mistakes that they shouldn't be making. I'm one of the deluded few that think we've got a team capable of winning it (though I always think that) but they won't win anything playing like that.

The goals we scored showed what we are capable of. But how many good crosses in to the box was there other than Gerrard's for the first goal? How times did our wingers run at the defence other than Walcott for the third goal? How many times did they keep things simple and pass the ball around?

I thought they looked a bit nervous, or were lacking confidence. Which is something I don't remember seeing before.

Also Jonny, Milner in my opinion is a far better player and option than Walcott.
9 times out of ten his shot would of gone into row Z, and his cross for the goal would have gone out for a throw.

Sure, Walcott lacks consistency but when he's at his best he's a far better player than Milner at his best. 
« Last Edit: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:46:21 by jonny72 » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:44:55 »

this. THIS THIS THIS THIS. Not so much against Johnny, but english 'fans' in general.

Also, feel free to shoot this down, but tonight was the first time I have ever seen the entire England XI sing the national anthem. I know it means nothing (the spanish don't sing and they're really good soapy tit wank), but i found it refreshingly good to see

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:46:50 »

I usually find international football quite dull but Euro 2012 has been great for the most part. Not really fussed about the England team but find myself supporting them this time round out of a sense of sympathy for Hodgson and the response to his appointment.

The England team are very average and the usual problem of high expectations doesn't seem to have reared it's head...yet.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Friday, June 15, 2012, 23:48:38 »

And I've never seen a player so disinterested as Ibrahimovic. Strolls around waiting for the ball, never passes and has a go at his teammates yet is still untouchable.

Good player though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 02:32:12 »

I reckon with a bit of luck we will get to the Semis.

I can feel it in my water
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 05:46:25 »

Am I the only who has become completely detatched from the national side?

I watched the game but didn't feel a thing, didn't care we went behind or that we came back to win 3-2. I can honestly say I couldn't give a flying fuck with England. I just hope I can reserect my passion for the team like I had 8-10 years ago.

Nope, Euro 2004 killed me off.

I got to the stage where I actually enjoyed England cocking it up and seeing the hysteria over facebook, in the pubs and in the papers and the like.

Now with Hodgson in charge and with him being doubted by most (who wanted Redknapp - who incidentally isnt as good a manager as Hodgson anyway)  I at least wanted Hodgson to do well.

England did well against France, like Germany lite or something. Good attacking play against Sweden but some terrible defending and Sweden were nothing more than average.

I found the celebratory facebook status' cringey though....
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #463 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 06:45:29 »

Also, feel free to shoot this down, but tonight was the first time I have ever seen the entire England XI sing the national anthem. I know it means nothing (the spanish don't sing and they're really good soapy tit wank), but i found it refreshingly good to see
I think that you will find that the reason that the spanish players do not sing is because there are no words to their anthem. Their supporters just la,la,la to the tune.

Take your point re the anthem and good to see however, rather than a new found sense of patriotism I would suggest that Roy has told them all that they must sing.
DRS

« Reply #464 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 06:57:43 »

Agree dirk and that sort of backs up my point that he cares.We won't win it of course but if we at least go out trying then he will win a few over.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: