Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 330138 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 02:31:55 »

Like I heard Sol Campbell say today, if you want to host major competitions like the Euros you should have to clean up your act beforehand. It's easy to monitor domestic leagues to see if a country has been tackling racism, and whether it would be suitable for hosting.

There are always going to be a minority of imbeciles wherever you hold it, but you can see where this one is going.

Not that FIFA would give a..... monkeys... of course.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 05:50:21 »

If you want to host major competitions like the Euros you should have to clean up your act beforehand.

The key word there is should, in reality you just need to grease the right palms and you're in.

I don't believe that UEFA is any better than FIFA nowadays, Platini is becoming more like Blatter by the day.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 05:50:55 »

Rumours on Facebook that a group of Poland attacked a bar full of 300 England & Ireland fans in Poland last night, can't see it being true, why would England fans be in Poland, unless they are at the training camp and fancy making the 800 odd mile trip to our first game Monday. Think we'll be seeing a few rumours like this throughout the tournament..

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Flashheart

« Reply #378 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 06:49:39 »

Platini is a cock for saying players will be booked if they leave the pitch. That's just going to give the racist wankers even more reason to use the racist chants now.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 07:15:03 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18363736

Oh dear not a good start, but don't worry folks the monkey chants aimed at the dutch black players weren't down to racism, they were protests that no matches are to be held in that town. So that's okay then.

I really hope one day countries will leave UEFA & FIFA en masse, as the people running the game are a disgrace.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 07:57:18 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18363736

Oh dear not a good start, but don't worry folks the monkey chants aimed at the dutch black players weren't down to racism, they were protests that no matches are to be held in that town. So that's okay then.

I really hope one day countries will leave UEFA & FIFA en masse, as the people running the game are a disgrace.
That's exactly what should happen. The only problem is that the men in charge of the various FA's are just as incompetent/corrupt as UEFA and FIFA and they go hand in glove with each other.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 08:10:59 »

That's exactly what should happen. The only problem is that the men in charge of the various FA's are just as incompetent/corrupt as UEFA and FIFA and they go hand in glove with each other.

Hey, come on. That's wrong. You've missed out the Premier League. They've fucked over the England team and lower league football just for a bit more cash.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Friday, June 8, 2012, 10:14:47 »

Platini is a cock for saying players will be booked if they leave the pitch. That's just going to give the racist wankers even more reason to use the racist chants now.

This story  (1 Apr 2012) was no April fools joke:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/57142-fa-anger-over-racism-fine

The Football Association and anti-racism campaigners have rounded on UEFA for fines imposed following the hot-tempered clash between England and Serbia at the European Under-21 Championships.

The Serbian FA have been ordered to pay £16,500 for racist chanting by their supporters in Nijmegen and for the actions of their players.

it tells you all you need to know about how seriously UEFA takes racism.

I'm not saying we in England take the morale high ground here, it was only in the late 80's that the Big bananas and monkey chants were common place in most football grounds. Its more that we did more to address it than turning a blind eye and issuing token fines.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 8, 2012, 10:18:27 by Batch » Logged
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 14:15:09 »

Interesting to Simon Cox start for Ireland tonight

Biggest match of his career no doubht  vs Spain in the Euro's,  15/2 anytime scorer  Grin

Can't see anything but a Spanish win myself, maybe by 3 or more goals

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 14:47:09 »

Can't see anything but a Spanish win myself, maybe by 3 or more goals

Not likely if the bloke who looks like Rene from 'allo 'allo plays Paul Harts tactics

I come from a land down-under
Barry Scott

« Reply #385 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 14:51:03 »

Not likely if the bloke who looks like Rene from 'allo 'allo plays Paul Harts tactics

I think he's going to go 3-7-0. I'm not psuedo-Irish, but I'll cheer them on as underdogs. Especially if Spain are as boring and patient as they were against the Italians.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #386 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:36:32 »

Cox starting tonight for the irish
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:38:06 »

Starting in midfield in a 4-5-1 role, Behind the striker I assume? Or will he play on the left again.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:46:06 »

I think he will be the striker with Keane in behind him
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Thursday, June 14, 2012, 15:49:07 »

Cox starting tonight for the irish

it would be nice for him to bag a goal for ireland, what time does it kick off?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: