Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 330139 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 19:06:24 »

Agree herthab, it's just a shame it's not instead of Terry.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 21:19:33 »

People were moaning after South Africa that we should have a clear out and go with the kids.  All the replacements have been kids and people are still moaning saying we should put an injury prone hasbeen in instead.

I think this is the best thing that can happen.  The tournament is a write off anyway so pack the squad full of youngsters and start building for the future.  It worked for Germany, and spain to a certain extent.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 21:26:46 »

True, but Germany also invested in youth. Their FA told the clubs to do so and they did. Our national team has long since been sacrificed for the glory of the Premier League.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #348 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 21:36:09 »

True, but Germany also invested in youth. Their FA told the clubs to do so and they did. Our national team has long since been sacrificed for the glory of the Premier League.

Agreed, report in the paper this this weekend about how much money Chelsea have spent on players so far this close season, something like £82m. Why on earth bother with a youth team?
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 08:44:42 »

Can only see it getting worse with EPPP.  Even more promising young players collected by Premier League teams to sit in their youth teams / reserves instead of developing by playing competitive football.
DRS

« Reply #350 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 08:59:07 »

The micah richards situation interests me.I can't be the only one to think there must be something behind the scenes that is making every national manager overlook him,i notice mancini also dropped him.In regards to youngsters i do think we have been unfortunate that wilshire.cleverly,walker and smalling are injured as it would of given hodgson a chance to use them.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:27:48 »

Kelly is a good player,bur Richards is a much better player at this moment in time.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #352 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:35:30 »

Can only see it getting worse with EPPP.  Even more promising young players collected by Premier League teams to sit in their youth teams / reserves instead of developing by playing competitive football.

That EPPP is a friggin disgrace, PL just greedy, robbing bastards
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:40:08 »

The micah richards situation interests me.I can't be the only one to think there must be something behind the scenes that is making every national manager overlook him,i notice mancini also dropped him.In regards to youngsters i do think we have been unfortunate that wilshire.cleverly,walker and smalling are injured as it would of given hodgson a chance to use them.

Agree completely re: Richards. As fans we see him play well a lot of the time on a saturday, but as we've seen with PdC last season that's only part of what goes into managers' thinking. Attitude off the pitch, training etc all play a part and as you say DRS it's beyond a coincidence now that he is so regularly not selected, that there must be an underlying issue there that we don't know about.

With the Ferdinand thing, whether or not Roy made the right call picking Kelly over him, I intensely dislike the entitled response he gave through his agent yesterday. Something along the lines of 'this is no way to treat someone who has played for and captained his country so many times'. So what? Representing England is a priviledge not a right, and just because you've done it lots in the past in no way means the current boss is obliged to pick you - otherwise Shilton would still be in the squad.

To be honest, with the way the press and much of the public I've seen on here, twitter etc seem to have jumped down Hodgson's throat over his squad and written him off already, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we actually had a decent tournament.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:46:03 »

That EPPP is a friggin disgrace, PL just greedy, robbing bastards

The goal is hopefully to development and enhance English junior football to the point that the bigger clubs cannot possibly accommodate the entire talent pool. At this moment in time they can, which in footballing terms is frightening.

Ending 11 vs. 11 football for kids who are under 13 is a good start. The current situation is certainly more to do with how the country have developed children (as mentioned above) since the 1980's than a few injuries, MIA's and a new manager.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 09:56:33 »

I didnt realise that Rio's agent was Jamie Moralee.

Crap striker he was.
Flashheart

« Reply #356 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 10:05:41 »

Can't play forever Rio
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 10:17:47 »

I think Mancini and Capello both thought him not tactically disciplined enough to stick to the systems they wanted to play

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 10:30:00 »

Micah Richards played 37 games for the Champions last season. He has to contend with Zabaleta as his competition - both players would be stand out first choice in most other teams.

I assume he hasnt been called up as a replacement because he refused to go on the standby list.

Why he wasnt in the original squad I dont know - a much, much better player than Glenn Johnson.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, June 4, 2012, 14:45:12 »

Glenn Johnson is poo.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: