Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 330215 times)
kerry red

« Reply #255 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 17:32:03 »

As if it isn't bad enough to have one fuckwit from Liverpool in the squad, we now have, if possible, an even worse player in as replacement for Lampard.

Never thought I'd see the day when such utter shite was deemed good enough to represent my country.

Come on you boys in green!!!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:38:02 »

Cant believe Henderson is in the squad, him and Downing have been terrible this year.

Midfield 2 will be Gerrard and Parker then, pray they dont get injured otherwise CM will look very very weak
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:40:02 »

Cant believe Henderson is in the squad, him and Downing have been terrible this year.

Shows just how little strength in depth we have.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:46:21 »

Shows just how little strength in depth we have.
Well we have Wilshere who is a great prospect, Carrick would have got in their for me, Cleverley possibly. A CM pairing of Milner and Henderson doesnt fill me with much confidence
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:48:11 »

Not read all this thread, so I could be completely wrong here. But I'm really surprised Russia haven't been tipped to do well this tournament.  Easy-ish group, virtually playing at home (well Eastern Europe), decent squad, cracking manager, they could do pretty well I reckon.  They won't do anything now I've tipped them.

Good each way bet I reckon.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:49:21 »

Not read all this thread, so I could be completely wrong here. But I'm really surprised Russia haven't been tipped to do well this tournament.  Easy-ish group, virtually playing at home (well Eastern Europe), decent squad, cracking manager, they could do pretty well I reckon.  They won't do anything now I've tipped them.

Well they have ruled most of the it in the last 100 years!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:53:22 »

8th favourites for the title @25/1 with Skybet at the moment. Think that's pretty good value. 
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:54:39 »

Relax, sit back and enjoy lots of televised football.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 18:57:41 »

Gunna be in Spain for the quarters/semis so wont be able to sit back that much as Spain will rocking I hope
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:00:19 »

Gunna be in Spain for the quarters/semis so wont be able to sit back that much as Spain will rocking I hope

I saw bits and pieces of World Cup 2006 while at a festival in Belgium, it was great.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:02:14 »

I'm gonna have a little e/w flutter on the Czechs at 66/1 based on how wide open that Group A is.  No 2 team combination getting out of that group would surprise me  
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:08:56 »

How good are the czechs though, have they some some decent youngster coming through, Saw them play a year or two back and they looked passed it then, so unless they do have some decent fresh blood I can't see them getting passed the quarters.  But you never know.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:10:45 »

I'm a bit concerned that we might be in for a snorefest of negative football.  Hope I'm wrong, but Spain have cast a bit of a shadow on the rest...so we've seen anti football tried by first the Dutch in the WC, which nearly worked then Chelsea on Barca in the CL.

We're unlikely to be pulling up any "beautiful game" trees, and the Italians will be their usual self, with a seemingly limited squad.

Think France will be pragmatic, and a couple of the groups look tough, so teams will look to avoid losing early group games.

Germany offer the best bet of something interesting as Jogi Loew seems a bit of a cavalier. Portugal may also be worth a watch as they have the stand out individual player, but not sure what else they've got.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:11:24 »

How good are the czechs though, have they some some decent youngster coming through, Saw them play a year or two back and they looked passed it then, so unless they do have some decent fresh blood I can't see them getting passed the quarters.  But you never know.

They don't have any fresh blood.  Sadly (given my heritage), your assessment is spot on.  Abra, save your cash!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #269 on: Thursday, May 31, 2012, 19:11:42 »

How good are the czechs though,

Let's put it this way......

Even Magera didn't make the squad
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: