Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 332385 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:25:44 »

Funny, the Gerrard hate. I thought he actually was our most creative player.

Johnson annoys me. I want to hate him, but some of his recoveries are class (the last ditch tackle on Elm).

Carroll's header was great. Probably haven't seen England score a goal like that since Shearer was in the team.

Anyone else see Ibrahimovic give Joe Hart the big one after Sweden's second? I hope one of the England players did the same to him at the final whistle, the egotistical prick. Perhaps if he tried passing once in a while instead of trying to go it alone, he might've created a few decent chances.
Flashheart

« Reply #466 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:26:24 »

jonny for England manager, he knows better than Woy
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #467 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:32:26 »

Good points raised. This might sound stupid, but maybe my falling out of love with the England team stems from the realisation that we're not as good as the media make us out to be. I think you're right about Neville tying to instill passion back into the setup and I think if he and Hodgson can do that, then maybe we as fans will connect better with the team.

I remember Euro 96 and how the whole country was behind the team and I think we need something like that to be able to recreate that togetherness.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:35:50 »

Johnson annoys me. I want to hate him, but some of his recoveries are class (the last ditch tackle on Elm).

Carroll's header was great. Probably haven't seen England score a goal like that since Shearer was in the team.

Anyone else see Ibrahimovic give Joe Hart the big one after Sweden's second? I hope one of the England players did the same to him at the final whistle, the egotistical prick. Perhaps if he tried passing once in a while instead of trying to go it alone, he might've created a few decent chances.

He nicked Hart's water in the goal as well when it was 2-2

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IBRAHIMOVIC.gif

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:43:49 »

I really enjoyed the game, can't remember ever shouting at the tv so loud when England scored! Milner is better all round than walcott , gerrard played very well i thought (what a fucking cross!!), nice to see a bit of fight in the team for once!!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:48:00 »

Gerrard's a funny one. I think he's massively over-rated, but he's been Englands best player in the past two games, and the last two tournaments as well. He's crucial to any success we have this year.

But I'd still rather have had Lampard there

Things get better but they never get good
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:49:18 »

To be fair to Ibrahimovic think if you replay it you will see that Hart pushed him first in the goalmouth. On the Milner/Walcott issue I don't see how people can compare them, they are two different players for two different styles of play which Roy changed. Milner is stronger and slightly more defensive and asked to do a different role. Anyway just nice to watch and enjoy and England game for once!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #472 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:50:51 »

I very much enjoyed the game real end to end stuff, we didn't play as well as a team as we did against France but we won the game against a bogey side.

Roy has them well prepared and they knew how to play against Sweden but had a couple fo poor defensive lapses which could have easily cost s the game.

I thought Young and Johnson were poor, Milner is a much better team player than Walcott but Walcott to his credit came on and started running at them and they looked unable to handle his style.

Great goal by Carroll and Welbeck has impressed me so much in the last few games, he is one for the future of England.

I lost interest in England back in the early 80's when we got let down by them so much at big tournaments, so much so I hated the 86 World Cup and didn't watch one game......but I now enjoy it and although we won't win the cup we will have a good go at it and are much better organised than and England team have been recently even though the stand out players aren't in evidence so much as they have been in the past.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 09:19:05 »

Was a typical England game really. Exciting with plenty of scary moments. Overall a pretty good show with room for improvement.
My main gripe is that the wide players have not been crossing the ball enough and give the ball away too much. It took Gerrard to show how to cross it and the header was superbly dispatched by Carroll. There is nothing wrong with trying to win the English way and we don't have to try to emulate the Spanish to win games. Gerrard is having a great tournament so far and i think the other player who deserves similar credit is Johnson who too has had 2 decent matches. Not convinced Wellbeck meant that goal but who cares?

Walcot should start in place of Milner next game but he could have a mare as he is inconsistant,equally this could be his tournament. Who knows unless he plays?
I'd give Young the benefit of the doubt and start him but will have Chamberlain ready and waiting to come on if he doesn't do the business on monday.

I think Woy will drop Carroll but i would drop Wellbeck myself, play Rooney in behind the big man and hope to get crosses in the box as much as possible.
Flashheart

« Reply #474 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 09:20:32 »

One thing that had me going nuts was the backpass out of defence. WTF was that all about?
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 10:00:14 »

Good result, very average performance.

Players i thought did well was Gerrard, Welbeck, Walcott and Carroll, as for the rest, they were way below standard.
Our defence was a fucking joke for the first 20 mins in the second half. It's been drummed into me that England under Roy will be very well organised
even if the quality may not be there, Hmm Hmmm

There were some positives however, like i mentioned the players above, and the way we fought back and won the game was impressive, and showed spirit.
Im not worried for the future because we have some very good young players coming through, Wiltshire, Barkley etc.
Hopefully like someone posted before with Neville and Hodgson guidance there drum in the importance and pride of wearing an England shirt.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 10:37:01 »

I enjoyed the game, it was entertaining. Carroll put in a real 'Drogba' shift, chasing down everything, scored an exceptional header, and made some invaluable clearances in our own box. We have a few weak links, sure... but they all seemed to be putting the effort in. If Glen Johnson was half decent defensively (his saving tackles are often because of his own balls-ups) we'd look a bit more solid, but I'm fairly happy so far.

As long as they put a shift in and look interested, I'm please with what Roy has achieved.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 10:41:54 »

I think Woy will drop Carroll but i would drop Wellbeck myself, play Rooney in behind the big man and hope to get crosses in the box as much as possible.

Woy has a big call to make here....why should Rooney walk back into the starting XI, he's been shit for England for years, disgracefully got himself sent off again and suspended. I wouldn't have taken him, but he should start on the bench.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 12:07:22 »

Woy has a big call to make here....why should Rooney walk back into the starting XI, he's been shit for England for years, disgracefully got himself sent off again and suspended. I wouldn't have taken him, but he should start on the bench.

Totally agree with that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 12:14:06 »

Can't argue much with that but i wouldn't say he's been any shitter than any of the others. He is a top player though and if he is right(like the others seem to be) then he would be a massive plus in the side. I'd play him for the tactical reasons i mentioned previously.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: