Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 332265 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, June 2, 2012, 20:15:02 »

Was at the game. Thought we were pretty bad and how on earth did gerrard get motm? Nobody impressed although fellaini and hazard looked good and scotland face an uphill battle in the world cup qualifiers against them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DRS

« Reply #316 on: Saturday, June 2, 2012, 20:22:16 »

Strange how people see different games.Thought Hazard was poor,32m for him makes carrol look a bargain.We wasn't great but 31 days after taking over he has produced 2 wins.Good enough for me
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, June 2, 2012, 20:29:38 »

Was at the game. Thought we were pretty bad and how on earth did gerrard get motm? Nobody impressed although fellaini and hazard looked good and scotland face an uphill battle in the world cup qualifiers against them.

Scotland have nothing to worry about with Belgium. Think you're forgetting what a tactical mastermind Avril is and what amazing strength in depth the current Scottish national squad has. I mean I don't think any 4th tier players have turned down an invite from Avril, just yet.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, June 2, 2012, 21:31:28 »

It wasn't a great game, and we lacked drive going forward. BUT we kept Hazard quiet, and Belgium's only real chances of the game were one poor header and a speculative shot which hit the post.

I thought Glen Johnson had a poor game, and we dived into tackles too often. I think what could make or break England will be whether or not we make use of the wings. Belgium defended against it pretty well today but we did create a couple of opportunities from wide positions that could have resulted in goals.

Overall, not inspiring but a job done against decent opposition.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 09:03:02 »

I feel instead of playing two friendlies the players could have done with a week off....they all look jaded to me....and players with little niggles would have time to rest up after a season has just finished.

Trying new tactics a week before your first match seems pointless to me....Norway was a good workout and that should have been it in my view.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 09:05:57 »

Cos Andy Townsend is a muppet !
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 09:15:26 »

The two friendlies were no different to domestic equivalents in July/August.

They should be considered a light run-out and nothing more. Nowadays, I wouldn't pay to travel to Wembley unless it was a competitive match.

I'm glad we didn't tonk either side as it would have resulted in the increase of silly expectations. Also, I'm glad that we didn't lose or draw as it would have been a week of people saying "we're losing to teams like Norway and Belgium, we might as well not be there" blah blah blah
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 09:40:16 »

I think we're more limited than bad...the players at least looked to be putting in a bit of effort, which makes a change....with France coming up, no real idea of what to expect from them.  By all accounts Blanc has sorted out the mess of the end of the Domenech regime.  Benzema is an improving player for Real, and should be way too good for us.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 10:22:22 »

The two friendlies were no different to domestic equivalents in July/August.

They should be considered a light run-out and nothing more. Nowadays, I wouldn't pay to travel to Wembley unless it was a competitive match.

I'm glad we didn't tonk either side as it would have resulted in the increase of silly expectations. Also, I'm glad that we didn't lose or draw as it would have been a week of people saying "we're losing to teams like Norway and Belgium, we might as well not be there" blah blah blah

Yep...i am sure Cahil enjoyed his light run out......waste of time and energy a week before a real tough opening match.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 10:38:07 »

You have got to bear in mind that none of the England players want to get injured, whereas the Belgium players are off to a beach somewhere today, one last blow out for them.

The england players should have been playing at 80-90%.

Anyone that expected a great balls out performance from England in either of these friendlies was expecting too much.  They were 2 run outs, that's all.  Equivalent to Supermarine and Cirencester for town in July.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 10:50:44 »

Dont agree Berni.....not many of our first team will play v Supermarine or Cirencester...will be full of trialists and youngsters....with a few of the main lads.
England put the first team out a week before a crunch match.....maybe i am in the minority in my thinking but i think that is nuts.
Not sure the manager would have been to happy with having to play it either.
As it happens i think we looked solid and if we can get through the group we have as good a chance as any in the knockout stages.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 11:33:14 »

Ok, not literally Supermarine or Cirencester, but you get the point I was trying to make?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 14:04:22 »

Cahill out, Martin Kelly drafted in as his replacement. Hmmm
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 14:12:26 »

Would rather Micah Richards
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 14:22:28 »

Id rather Micah Richards or even Dawson actually. I quite like Liverpool but how they now have 6 players in the squad is ridiculous. If Terry isnt fit for the euros then the CB position will be very weak
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: