Scillyred, my inlaws have gone down to St Ives today for their hols and was thinking about getting a helicopter flight over to the isles. Is there certain trips or times that are better/cheaper than others? They have never been over before but are really keen so any heads up would be appreciated. Cheers.
1) Check the weather forecast carefully - tends to be foggy quite a lot - you don't want to get stranded.
2) Get the first chopper out & last back - it's quite expensive so you want to get the full value - it is sometimes cheaper if you book after 3pm - need to check with heliport at Penzance or on British International Helicopters website.
3) Get a tripper boat to St Martins, St Agnes or Tresco (posh & expensive) - check the return times so they don't miss the return flights - go from the quay at 10.15. Or have a walk/cycle round St Mary's.
4) Chill and relax and turn the body clock back to the 1950s.
5) Beware it's addictive - most of the regulars can tell you how many times they have been over !
Hope this helps - it really is a lovely place.