Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nokia 700 or Galaxy Y/Ace/Mini  (Read 14873 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 10:20:47 »

Anyone wanna swap an htc sensation for an iphone?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 10:56:34 »

What is decent about the Huawei?

I have the g 300. Budget phone but highly rated in reviews prompted me to get it. Good camera, do3s what a smartphone should and the battery is good.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:05:59 »

The specification of the S2 is far superior to any of the phones you've listed. Smartphones are essentially small computers and the lower spec ones won't run as smoothly and may be a bit laggy in operation*

I've not actually used any of the phones you've listed, perhaps trying them out in a shop is a good idea.
Trying them out is the hardes thing for me to do, due to a variety of demands on my time. Want to whittle it down to 2 before doing that then buying.

I get what you mean w/r/t specs of Samsung. But, I'm just worried that I would be investing in an 'overclocked super lightning fast gaming pc' equivalent when all I would do is basic functions.

I don't understand what all the apps could do for me and how fast the phone has to be to run them.

Can anyone help this dunce a little more please?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:17:07 »

Go on phone retailer sites and check the spec-reviews then decide.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:25:53 »

Regarding apps - you can find them for pretty much anything. Often it will just be a better optimised version of their webpage e.g. Facebook & Twitter. Sometimes they are specific, for example guitar tuning software, tv guides, games, bet calculators, BMI calculators etc. etc.

The speed of the phone doesn't just affect apps running, the whole running environment could be slicker or slower moving between screens or loading web pages etc. Assume if it isn't negatively mentioned in reviews then the phone runs perfectly well.

As arriba says, look at some reviews - this site is also a good one:

http://www.techradar.com/search?searchTerm=Huawei

Don't forget things like the camera, internal storage space etc. It sounds like if you just want web browsing and emails to get a phone with a decent screen and one that runs smoothly. The S2 is still a really good spec phone, but it's by no means near the quickest ones these days.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:27:29 »

Anyone wanna swap an htc sensation for an iphone?

If you can't get a swap consider changing the home screen launcher to something like this:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-device-iphone-espier-launcher-android-21/
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 16:48:16 »

Just sold my S3 and Sensation Cheesy
Back on an iPhone 4S now

Mobile phone slinging and husslin' yo

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 17:32:44 »

Just sold my S3 and Sensation Cheesy
Back on an iPhone 4S now

Mobile phone slinging and husslin' yo

What's up with the S3. I fancy one of those when my contract is up
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 17:56:26 »

Nothing wrong with it. Brilliant phone but I have an iPad as well so easier to link everything up on apple

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 21:02:53 »

Go on phone retailer sites and check the spec-reviews then decide.
That's what I did, which is why I came up with the initial group.

Bought a Huawei Blaze for my son on Thursday and he loves it. Made me think that maybe a Blaze was good enough. But, recalled you saying about the Ascend and found the link that Sie Pie posted (plus a CNet one). Problem I find with these 'techie' sites is that they review for people more tech-savy than me.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 23:02:31 »

I don't mean to sound harsh but I don't think you're going to find a definitive answer on here. Most people will go by phone specs and 'techie' details. I have no idea what the Blaze is like up and running. Play around with the menus and web browser. If it works smoothly then it will suit your needs for emails, web browsing and apps. Could be a decent enough phone for you.

I've used some phones in the past which promised great things but they were laggy as hell and frustrated the hell out of me to use. Some of these weren't even smart phones, hence I always try before I buy these days.

However, I say take a punt on a free phone. If it's shit you can get rid and buy a better spec one sim free. For example the Sony Xperia U is only a bit over £150 and is apparently a decent phone, especially for the money. Just make sure your contract has data included, 500mb is usually the standard amount and you'll probably need that for everyday usage.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 06:29:42 »

Not harsh - Will play with my son's Blaze, which on some reviews is claimed to be 'laggy'. If it is, will prob try the Ascend, as the price is right. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: