Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617628 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5040 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 14:46:45 »

I don't agree with the comparison to Doyle's movement, which was & is far, far better. I imagine (though don't have stats) that he covers far more ground, far more quickly than Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman.
 I am not making any comparison with Doyle's movement. I am saying play to BPs strengths - like wellens played to Doyles strengths.  BP has never run in his entire career so we can't expect him to start now he's at the arse end of it.

Maybe we’re comparing apples and pears here? The style of play and the team around Doyle and now Pitman is vastly different.

For me, the question comes down to could Pitman get 20 goals in League two next season? IMO, yes.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #5041 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 15:22:56 »

One issue which has hit us hard this season is the number of players with poor injury records. We got away with this in L2 last year, but in a full season, compressed so there are games most Tuesdays, they are either injured or having to play too much too quickly after coming back, getting injured again.
This list includes Baudry, Fryers, Conroy, iandolo and Lyden.

It worries me that at least 4 of the above are among most people’s list of the few worth keeping.

A Grant can extend his career by a couple of years by moving to centre back - similar to what Bostwick did elsewhere - and Payne, Twine, Camp and Odimayo would all be worth having next year. I’m less convinced by Caddis - his experience could be valuable, but if he didn’t have his previous history with us would we really be saying keep him? Palmer might be ok in league 2.
Most of the loanees aren’t worth keeping , along with Pitman, J Grant, Broadbent can all go (how did J Grant get on before Garrick last night? Also was Broadbent put up front when we had two strikers on the bench?)

A big overhaul is required.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5042 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 15:27:24 »

All our debate matters not a jot - Curran is contracted for next season.  That single fact underlines the situation we find ourselves in as a club.  That needs sorting and fast, which requires someone to apply pressure to Power, and I see that as tough.  He has two very big reasons to cling on - first, he has a football club as an emotional/community Trojan Horse to get the horse grounds and housing money he needs.  Second, he can't sell right now without giving some of the money directly to Standing, who would otherwise object.  If he holds out for the Court Case, he might win and Standing would have no say in a sale.  Power gets the cash upfront and can decide to stiff Standing over the deal they have around % of proceeds.  Standing merely becomes a creditor, or Barry.

He is going nowhere.

Standing will have known his Court case would prompt FA scrutiny, so he clearly thinks it is worth it financially to stitch us and Power up anyway.

Despite Flashearts optimism, I see no good news coming before next season unless one of those two facts changes considerably.
There is no way it goes to court. I think we will see soon that an agreement is made out of court
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5043 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 15:34:14 »

There is no way it goes to court. I think we will see soon that an agreement is made out of court
I think you're right. Bloody hope so.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5044 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 15:44:42 »

I am not really sure what Power hopes to achieve, he has already admitted that he owes someone and the main argument seems to be whether he owes Barry or Standing, the whole thing is just bloody odd.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5045 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 15:56:55 »

I am not really sure what Power hopes to achieve, he has already admitted that he owes someone and the main argument seems to be whether he owes Barry or Standing, the whole thing is just bloody odd.
Delay, I presume
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5046 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 16:25:14 »

And the season after that!
Unless someone comes in with a bid for him.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5047 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 18:05:46 »

Maybe we’re comparing apples and pears here? The style of play and the team around Doyle and now Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman is vastly different.

For me, the question comes down to could Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman get 20 goals in League two next season? IMO, yes.

Maybe comparing Apples & Pears or maybe you mean comparing Apples & Oranges (as they are a totally different genus to the Apple)  Hmmm

Anyway, really shouldn't we be comparing Pork & Pear when referencing the aspic coated wonder? If that is the case then Pork & Pear compliments each other beautifully  so I see a blossoming and fruitful relationship  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5048 on: Saturday, May 1, 2021, 10:31:47 »

Has anything been said about the youth scholars and first year pros yet? I'd assume no news on that front is probably bad news with the general financial situation, but think we'd normally have heard by now? Guess a couple of them may show up in the squad for today if they've not been released.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5049 on: Saturday, May 1, 2021, 11:52:38 »

Has anything been said about the youth scholars and first year pros yet? I'd assume no news on that front is probably bad news with the general financial situation, but think we'd normally have heard by now? Guess a couple of them may show up in the squad for today if they've not been released.
AFAIK only Parsons has been kept on the rest have been told to find new clubs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5050 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 17:59:45 »

I heard from somebody close to the club at the weekend that Payne has activated his relegation release clause - so any conversations about Payne tearing up league 2 can be put to one side.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5051 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 18:03:05 »

not a suprise.

do we get any compo, or is it effectively putting him on a free?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5052 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 18:17:00 »

not a suprise.

do we get any compo, or is it effectively putting him on a free?

A "No Payne, No gain" clause?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5053 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 18:20:43 »

Happy to see him go to be honest. I think he tried, but he isnt that great. If he was the highest paid player, then it frees up some cash for someone a bit better perhaps?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #5054 on: Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 18:29:58 »

Happy to see him go to be honest. I think he tried, but he isnt that great. If he was the highest paid player, then it frees up some cash for someone a bit better perhaps?
Agree with this. No great loss in my view
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: