Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612267 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #4620 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 16:22:15 »

Baudry is ok hes not great but hes certainly not shit, cost us a few goals last season but hes solid enough.

I would have offered a 1 year with a 1 year extension if he plays a certain number of games.

Hes never had much pace but is a decent distributer of the ball and is not bad in the air but his tackling is at times a little off.

Still 100 times better than both Lancashire and Robertson put together.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4621 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 16:47:37 »

Baudry is ok hes not great but hes certainly not shit, cost us a few goals last season but hes solid enough.

I would have offered a 1 year with a 1 year extension if he plays a certain number of games.

Hes never had much pace but is a decent distributer of the ball and is not bad in the air but his tackling is at times a little off.

Disagree, after a shakey start he was very good, he was key to how we played and when he was alongside Fryers we were immense. Wellens rated him as the best defender in league 2 so I値l go with his opinion.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4622 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 16:51:49 »

I知 firmly in the Frenchie camp. Good CB.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #4623 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 17:12:12 »

Not doubting you PV, but when did we concede any goals directly as a result of a Baudry error? We probably did, I just can't remember any off the top of my head!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4624 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 17:48:11 »

Disagree, after a shakey start he was very good, he was key to how we played and when he was alongside Fryers we were immense. Wellens rated him as the best defender in league 2 so I値l go with his opinion.
Thats fair enough I just remember him being out jumped a lot by centre forwards and his positioning at times looks a little wayward and when you dont have loads of pace you rely on positioning.

Carlisle home he was behind the scorer who he was marking.

Colchester away Norris beat him at the far post for the 1st goal.

Exeter home his pass straight to Williams who promply scored with his next touch.

Cheltenham away lost his marker at the near post who then scored.

Was not marking his man home to Morecambe when the striker strolled into massive space and scored, yes not directly his fault but he should have been tighter but positioning was poor.

Gave away the 2nd penalty away at Salford.

Lost his marker at the near post for the 2nd Crewe goal in the away game.

Thats no singling him out I am just answering where he made mistakes, I think hes a solid L2 defender and probably every single defender can be blamed or at fault for goals.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4625 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 18:09:57 »

He's much better than we have had in recent years in that position.  By no means the best defender you can hope for, but he can keep possession of the ball and knows a trick or two (fouls) when required.  Given the quality of other defenders we have seen, I'd be content with retaining him.  Our game is based on keeping the ball and having 11 players who can pass it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4626 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2020, 18:21:24 »

He's much better than we have had in recent years in that position.  By no means the best defender you can hope for, but he can keep possession of the ball and knows a trick or two (fouls) when required.  Given the quality of other defenders we have seen, I'd be content with retaining him.  Our game is based on keeping the ball and having 11 players who can pass it.
Absolutely this.

Flashheart

« Reply #4627 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 15:48:23 »

Rob Hunt extends for another year.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4628 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 15:50:02 »

Rob Hunt extends for another year.

Great news.  Cracking player.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4629 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 15:51:22 »

In previous seasons would have walked away with POTY playing how he has done...
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #4630 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 15:55:56 »

Great news re Rob Hunt. Excellent player.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4631 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 15:56:26 »

I make that 11 what you would class as first team players on the books for next season now. A lot of people moaning about lack of signings but I壇 bet a lot that we are better off than most clubs, defensively except a for keeper we are probably one centre back and another full back short of being done.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4632 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 15:56:51 »

Good news
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4633 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 15:59:59 »

I make that 11 what you would class as first team players on the books for next season now. A lot of people moaning about lack of signings but I壇 bet a lot that we are better off than most clubs, defensively except a for keeper we are probably one centre back and another full back short of being done.
Presume Donohue is the full back. Need Grant to sign next.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4634 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:06:33 »

Great news about Hunt, as Aud says now tie down Grant for at least 1 more season asap.

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: