Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1620698 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4575 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:37:33 »

Well, that all sounds promising. Just one thing - what about Lyden.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4576 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:38:24 »

Well, that all sounds promising. Just one thing - what about Lyden.

Lyden had committed previously nothing new beyond that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4577 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:39:09 »

He basically said Anderson wasnt worth what he was on, and what he was wanting this season. Due to injuries, appearances and goals scored.

He’s got a point. Definitely no love lost there!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4578 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:40:29 »

He basically said Anderson wasnt worth what he was on, and what he was wanting this season. Due to injuries, appearances and goals scored.

He’s got a point. Definitely no love lost there!
I seem to remember he used to lie about injuries as well saying he was fine etc and then do them more damage, he was a bit of liability on that front
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4579 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:40:44 »

I don't think anybody (on here certainly) is being critical of him in not signing for us, if indeed he doesn't.

I have only seen posts saying good luck to him but that hes not worth breaking the wage structure to sign.

On Twitter and FB that may be a different story, but on here, I think we all appreciate what he did for the club and good luck wherever his future lies be it at Town or elsewhere.

This was not a specific reference to this forum.

Nothing to see here
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #4580 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:48:53 »

Surprised to hear that Anderson was the highest paid player. I assume that must have been at the start of the season before the Doyle transfer. Doyle was reportedly on £5k a week; Anderson can't have been on more than that surely? Obviously would be sad to see Doyle go but I don't think we'll be able to meet his wage demands. Given the likelihood of prolonged uncertainty re playing in front of crowds, the club should be budgeting on a very conservative basis. If that means losing players so be it.
Flashheart

« Reply #4581 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:58:24 »

If we're bidding for Yates, then we can't be overly concerned about finances.

Reassuring.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4582 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 12:59:34 »

All sounds positive and suggests financially we are ok relatively speaking. Donohue was the best left back we’d had for years in the few games we played so would be happy with that.
I agree, Donohue was excellent int he handful of games he played, is easily up to standard in L1 too.

IMO all we need, if the players agree for next season is another 2 strikers (depending on Yates/Doyle signing) if 1 or 2 sign then that may just be 1 addition.

I would like to see DJ sign as he has that "little extra" at times, hes raw but possesses huge amount of ball control and skill.

I want a left back, not so essential if Donohue signs.

I want 1 more flair player in midfield to replace Anderson, DJ may do that if he comes.

Sign a suitable goalkeeper, Benda if he becomes available obviously but barring that any decent keeper would be good, however few and far between they are in reality.

I would be happy for REG to come in on loan for the season and we saw little of Muskwe so unable to call that one.

Not many additions, pretty much no extra signings if all of last season players sign again but just replace the ones that have gone.

The nucleus of this side I think is very capable ot challenging for the play offs and with the right couple of signings could even do better, there is no team in L1 that frightens me.

We have a great side and play good football and all know each other and their reletice strengths on the pitch, that bodes very well for the future. Even if we consolidate this coming season and try and press on the next year.

I have watched a few L1 matches including Ipswich, Oxford, Pompey, Wycombe, Coventry, Sunderland, Rovers, MK and Accrington and I saw nothing that was any better in quality than we have. Barring the odd loan player like Woodburn and maybe the Posh striker Toney who is off anyway in the summer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #4583 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:03:49 »

If we're bidding for Yates, then we can't be overly concerned about finances.

Reassuring.

Yes, someone is presumably providing the bunce. I'd love to know who it actually is.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4584 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:15:38 »

Good summing up PV. I'll stick my neck out now and predict that Donohue will be be next season's POTY... Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4585 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:27:07 »

Good summing up PV. I'll stick my neck out now and predict that Donohue will be be next season's POTY... Wink
He has good quality in his left foot, he can tackle and can hit a good corner and free kick, the only thing may be keeping him on the pitch for 90 mins with his hot headedness.

I think he would be a great signing, impressed me in every game he played. As for POTY...who knows! I never thought Grant would get it this year!

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4586 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:31:42 »

On a slightly different note, any idea when the players are (provisionally) due back for pre-season?

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4587 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:38:12 »

On a slightly different note, any idea when the players are (provisionally) due back for pre-season?
I haven't heard for certain but I know many Scottish teams went back today, so unlikely to be too much longer before they go back.

Saying that the National play offs don't even finish until August 2nd! not much time for clubs and players to prepare for league football.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4588 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:38:56 »

Not sure but Wellens said the EFL need to get their arse in gear regarding salary caps, says its not fair to wait till start of august if the efl plan a restart on 29th august as it doesnt give anyone time to prepare etc
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4589 on: Friday, July 3, 2020, 13:40:11 »

Not sure but Wellens said the EFL need to get their arse in gear regarding salary caps, says its not fair to wait till start of august if the efl plan a restart on 29th august as it doesnt give anyone time to prepare etc
And hes right, nobody can prepare for next season with such a short timescale, especially if the caps are introduced in full with no transition period, unless the new season wont be starting until October.

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: