Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611714 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4530 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 16:53:48 »

If the very high earner is signed before the squad is complete then it may be tricky to get the later signings to agree if the amount left available within the cap is less than they want or are offered by other clubs.
Spending a huge amount on one player could also impact on squad size / depth, leaving you exposed in the case of injury / suspensions happening at once.
Which is just the same as working to a strict budget - once you've spent it, you've spent it. If it imposes some financial discipline on lower league clubs instead of allowing *current* owners/chief execs to gamble club's futures by throwing a load of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, then great.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4531 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 13:20:08 »

Coming back to the squad, even though football is a different kettle of fish to a lot of other businesses, if I was one of those players offered terms and they were half reasonable I would take them in a heart beat.  In the current climate they may regret holding out for "big pay days" or "realizing their worth" if that is what they maybe doing.  Pretty much all those on the list seemed to have enjoyed their time with us, what's not to like.

Better this than risk being OOC in a couple of months, but then I am a cautious person.

Then of course there is the question of what terms have been offered. Might be a case of crossing T's and dotting I's, though I would hope we haven't taken the piss with what we have offered...

...we wouldn't do that would we?

No one kills a thread like me....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4532 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 15:01:14 »

Honestly can’t see us paying a fee for a player - and rightly so. That’s Yates out the picture.

We’ll be in for DJ along with a host of other clubs. Hopefully, last season would put us at the head of the queue.

There are loads of good OOC players we can sign with no fee involved and judging by last season’s recruitment we know what we’re doing.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4533 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 15:23:57 »

Totally agree on Yates - no sense in paying a fee.  More interested in seeing Baudry, Grant, etc commit.  We have got a very good L1 squad in there if we get some of those signatures, and Wellens also can spot a good OOC player as we know...

No one kills a thread like me....
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4534 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 20:27:35 »

Will be interesting to see who does extend and if someone like DJ joins on a perm. Wellens seems to have the the same ‘matey’ dressing room that Williams tried to create that players enjoy and want to be part of but at the same time has an air of authority and knows what he’s doing unlike Williams. If the majority are still here then i think we will have a very good season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4535 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 07:29:45 »

Totally agree on Yates - no sense in paying a fee.  More interested in seeing Baudry, Grant, etc commit.  We have got a very good L1 squad in there if we get some of those signatures, and Wellens also can spot a good OOC player as we know...

If we pay a fee for Yates we’d make that back and then some in a couple of seasons.

Would be a sound investment
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4536 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 12:49:02 »

If we pay a fee for Yates we’d make that back and then some in a couple of seasons.

Would be a sound investment

Sadly, not sure we would be a in a position to pay a fee with ongoing court case, who would supply the money ?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4537 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 12:51:02 »

The local community?

Nothing to see here
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4538 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:06:12 »

Sadly, not sure we would be a in a position to pay a fee with ongoing court case, who would supply the money ?

Surely the club wouldnt pay for the court case, thats between the persons liable etc
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4539 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:21:55 »

Surely the club wouldnt pay for the court case, thats between the persons liable etc

I think the point was that the persons being liable are, on both sides, the persons who would probably have to stump up the cash to buy a player.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4540 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 13:38:24 »

The parties to the proceedings will be the subject of any costs orders.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4541 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 16:58:36 »

Agree with DV Canio. Good investment.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #4542 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:48:18 »

The official twitter page has made a cryptic tweet that might mean Grant has signed. Or it might not.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4543 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:55:44 »

Got to love some of the 'special' people on twitter, moaning about the lack of signings as though we are two days away from the season beginning amongst other things

I come from a land down-under
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4544 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:53:18 »

The official twitter page has made a cryptic tweet that might mean Grant has signed. Or it might not.

42 = Grant’s shirt number. So, yes. Maybe. Hopefully.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: