Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1616885 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4515 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 14:04:38 »

Surprised and delighted we’ve offered all those new contracts. I’d imagine those will probably be weighing up their options for a while now. Can’t see them all accepting.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4516 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 14:08:28 »

Released and retained list

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/2020-released--retained-list/

I think Rose is the only minor surprise there, and didn't Lyden suggest on the LSPod that it was all sorted in his case?
Yes but doesn't mean it's signed yet, could be verbally agreed or even still some minor points to iron out prior to signing
Flashheart

« Reply #4517 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 14:14:36 »

We're bound to lose one or two. But considering recruitment so far, I'm confient we'll replace them. Or even upgrade them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4518 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 14:17:24 »

We're bound to lose one or two. But considering recruitment so far, I'm confient we'll replace them. Or even upgrade them.
Fucking hell, not sure the PFA will be happy about that

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4519 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 14:43:46 »

It's going to be an absolute free for all this summer - I imagine players will be stuck between taking a gamble that loads of clubs will be looking vs. just thinking themselves thankful someone has offered a contract.  I see the Premier League is going to be fun in a week with players going out of contract and refusing to sign or play!  I predict carnage, which means a few Cybermen will come in handy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4520 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 14:47:14 »

I see the Premier League is going to be fun in a week with players going out of contract and refusing to sign or play! 
Already causing issues - Burnley were without 5 players last night as the board have prevaricated on offering them new deals so they're now reluctant to sign the 1 month extension or even play before then apparently without furrther assurances about their future beyond that.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4521 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 06:08:07 »

Can’t really do much until clubs know whether a salary cap is going to be introduced or not. When is this likely to be decided upon?

Just found this. Would have thought a max of £2400pw for a player in L1 wouldn’t see many, if any, of our OOC players getting any better elsewhere.

https://trendswide.com/pfa-warns-efl-players-against-taking-pay-cut-ahead-of-proposed-introduction-of-salary-cap/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 06:22:09 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4522 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 08:45:42 »

Can’t really do much until clubs know whether a salary cap is going to be introduced or not. When is this likely to be decided upon?

Just found this. Would have thought a max of £2400pw for a player in L1 wouldn’t see many, if any, of our OOC players getting any better elsewhere.

https://trendswide.com/pfa-warns-efl-players-against-taking-pay-cut-ahead-of-proposed-introduction-of-salary-cap/

As the salary cap has as yet not been introduced I am not sure how it can have effect on what players sign at the moment, its going to be hard to apply retrospectively to contracts signed before it came into effect?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4523 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 09:04:01 »

Would have thought a cap would be introduced gradually over 3/4 years, wouldn't it? Current contracts wouldn't be affected but future ones would have to fall in line.
Flashheart

« Reply #4524 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 09:11:13 »

Yeah, they'd surely phase it in and existing contracts will be honored as they are? It'd be a righl old legal kerfuffle otherwise.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4525 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 09:26:03 »

It's not a maximum per player, it's an average. What they've done is taken the proposed £2.5m per squad and divided it by average squad size to come up with £2,400 pw as an average maximum. There's no hard limit per player, at least not in the proposals floating around currently
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4526 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 09:56:20 »

It's not a maximum per player, it's an average. What they've done is taken the proposed £2.5m per squad and divided it by average squad size to come up with £2,400 pw as an average maximum. There's no hard limit per player, at least not in the proposals floating around currently
Absolutely, some players will earn far more than others, its a full squad wage budget cap not an individual player wage maximum.

So one player could be on £15k pw as long as the rest of the squad are on peanuts.

I think they said the cap ignores any players wages who are under the age of 21 too?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4527 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 11:37:49 »

Not good for squad unity, though - 1 or 2 players taking up a large chunk of the cap.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4528 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:06:14 »

But there are often instances where one or more players are on a lot more than the others. Salaries vary at any place of work.

Magera is an example from a few years ago. 

I recently listened to one of the Ferry podcasts with Caddis who mentioned that Zigic was on £65k p/w at Birmingham.

Nothing to see here
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #4529 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 12:35:43 »

If the very high earner is signed before the squad is complete then it may be tricky to get the later signings to agree if the amount left available within the cap is less than they want or are offered by other clubs.
Spending a huge amount on one player could also impact on squad size / depth, leaving you exposed in the case of injury / suspensions happening at once.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: