Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1616890 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4500 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 06:45:17 »

I'm one of the lucky ones to be offered a contract'

Danny Rose, 32, midfielder for Swindon, finished first in League Two

Swindon midfielder Danny Rose
The EFL's decision to decide finishing positions by points-per-game means Rose has just won his third League Two title after previous successes with Northampton Town and Portsmouth. He began his career at Manchester United and has played 368 professional games for eight clubs, joining Swindon in January 2019
I was one of the lucky ones - I was told a while ago that I would be offered a new contract when my current deal finishes at the end of June, so that put my mind at rest a little bit.

Now the club know for sure what division we will be in next season - having been promoted to League One - they will be able to sort out their budget and open negotiations with the players they want to keep.

For the people without a contract offer, I think there will be a scramble going on when there is a date announced for the new season. I would imagine there will be lots more players than normal going on trial at clubs when pre-season starts.

I guess most of the players at Swindon at the moment are in a reasonably healthy position because we have had a successful season, so usually those players are in demand.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4501 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 08:53:42 »

Danny Rose must be one of our must unfortunate players.

Always does a good job when he plays, often a great job, scored a brilliant goal in one of his last full appearances yet with Grant and Doughty ahead of him with DJ and Anderson vying for the attacking roles in midfield he is at best a bit part player.

Great fill in and squad member who when he gets a chance never plays badly, and I am pleased he is under contract for another season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4502 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:46:52 »

I’ll be honest from a playing standpoint I wouldn’t have been to upset had he left, but he’s clearly a big dressing room presence (never plays but is stand in captain when he does) and has good level of experience

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4503 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 09:59:48 »

He's clearly very important to the team as a group. The way his fellow players speak so highly of him is a far greater compliment than anything we might say on here. Glad to see he's staying
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4504 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:05:04 »

Have we actually had a definitive retained list? I know we’ve released 4 youngsters, but has everyone else who happens to be OOC been offered a new deal?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4505 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 11:38:12 »

Have we actually had a definitive retained list?
Don't think so. Probably difficult because there's a bunch of players that according to the interviews Wellens has done we seem to have made provisional/conditional offers to?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4506 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 12:12:31 »

I understood it that all of the remaining OOC players had been offered new deals, or did I make that up?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4507 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 12:18:48 »

I understood it that all of the remaining OOC players had been offered new deals, or did I make that up?

With the exeption of Doyle*, Grant* and I thought Rose - but  obviously not.

* until we work out WTF our finances are
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4508 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:34:39 »

No I think you're right but with some of them it's a conditional/provisional offer (or that's my reading of what Wellens has said in interviews - NB I am often wrong!)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4509 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 15:55:55 »

No I think you're right but with some of them it's a conditional/provisional offer (or that's my reading of what Wellens has said in interviews - NB I am often wrong!)

I imagine a lot will depend on what conditions were attached to the 'conditional offers' if it was what division we were in, hopefully that's sorted now, I imagine a new sticking point is when will the season start which I imagine will be a clause in any offer the players receive either from ere of elsewhere so at least possibly levels the playing field a bit.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4510 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 12:34:13 »

I imagine a lot will depend on what conditions were attached to the 'conditional offers' if it was what division we were in, hopefully that's sorted now, I imagine a new sticking point is when will the season start which I imagine will be a clause in any offer the players receive either from ere of elsewhere so at least possibly levels the playing field a bit.

Think the other reason they was waiting was due to it being suggested there would be a wage cap in L1 & L2 but that seems to have gone quiet, equally it seems to have gone quiet about helping out clubs financially, although they did advance payments that are due in the summer which will cause problems with clubs later on you expect when that dries up early.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4511 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 12:46:09 »

What's happened with Iandolo? Wasn't he OOC this summer? Is he close to fitness again? Would have thought he might not get a new offer from us.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #4512 on: Friday, June 19, 2020, 13:06:07 »

What's happened with Iandolo? Wasn't he OOC this summer? Is he close to fitness again? Would have thought he might not get a new offer from us.

Apparently, everyone's been offered terms apart from the kids/fringe players RW spoke about a few weeks ago.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4513 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 13:51:49 »

Released and retained list

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/2020-released--retained-list/

I think Rose is the only minor surprise there, and didn't Lyden suggest on the LSPod that it was all sorted in his case?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 13:54:12 by horlock07 » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4514 on: Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 14:02:26 »

Interesting that discussions are ongoing with Rose but not have been offered a deal yet
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: