Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617902 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4455 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:10:08 »

According to the local Norwich rag he knew he was being released before the Jan window!

Cracking player!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4456 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:11:03 »

According to the local Norwich rag he knew he was being released before the Jan window!

Cracking player!

He is, just needs to kick on a bit on end product and less dribbling down blind alleys (based upon watching him at Carlisle!)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4457 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:34:57 »

I'm fairly indifferent on him. He definitely has his great moment. And a lot of dross moments too.

Like all younger players I suppose. Get consistency in him and he'll be a good lower league player. Add in some improvement and who knows.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4458 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:49:18 »

Would be good to get DJ back. 

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #4459 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:49:27 »

He is, just needs to kick on a bit on end product and less dribbling down blind alleys (based upon watching him at Carlisle!)

Probably his worst game of the season. He's insanely talented I reckon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4460 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:56:04 »

Probably his worst game of the season. He's insanely talented I reckon.
I agree, that was easily his worst game in a Town shirt.

He is genuinely what you would call a "raw talent" yes he runs into dead ends a lot but his close control is as good as I have ever seen, he has pace to burn, he needs focus and learn to pass when a pass is a better option that beating his man.

He would be an unbelievable signing in L1 IMO, he will only get better with good coaching and he knows the club and enjoyed his time with us, he liked Wellens and Wellens liked him, if no Champiosnhip club comes in for him then its an absolute no brainer for his career.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4461 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:58:45 »

I'm fairly indifferent on him. He definitely has his great moment. And a lot of dross moments too.

Like all younger players I suppose. Get consistency in him and he'll be a good lower league player. Add in some improvement and who knows.

I think with 'flair' players like DJ and Keshi Anderson (obviously to a lesser extent) you get much less consistency but more liklehood of the ability to do something matchwinning, whereas you have someone like Antony Grant who does the more simpler things on the football field and therefore appears to show much more consistency.

I think you need to have a good mix of these types of players. A DJ off the bench for example is a frightening prospect for tiring defenders as they have no idea what he is likely to do, he could weave a piece of magic to win the game, or he could repeatedly dribble the ball off the pitch or trip over his feet. That's the 'beauty' of these players!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #4462 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 13:59:38 »

Good player and always poses a goal threat. No brainer if he'd want to come back here.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4463 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 15:24:47 »

Would be happy if the DJ going back was a formality (to be released) and he comes back to us, as ours. I think Flashheart said it '...which suggests he could come back.' or to similar wording.

Great squad player to have, somewhat of a luxury and still developing as a player. I think Wellens can get even more out of him and I think DJ knows that too. As PV says, unless a championship club wants him, Town would be an absolute banker - you'd think. Could have a potentially valuable asset on our hands and what with Power's Norwich links, I'm sure he's noted the potential future price of DJ.

We'll see. Just need the interview from Wellens saying something like '...it's really hard you know. I don't think we'll be able to get him. There are a lot of big clubs interested in him...' then we'll know we have definitely got him  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4464 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 08:45:04 »

Be this him training yesterday

https://mobile.twitter.com/R_Placid/status/1266127346232410112
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4465 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 08:50:16 »

Well there is someone wearing number 27 his old squad number that does look like him although you can't quite see clearly, but could well be him yes.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4466 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 09:03:21 »

Surprised we’re training now. Any idea where it is?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4467 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 09:29:50 »

It'll be individual training, not team.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4468 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 10:08:52 »

I agree, that was easily his worst game in a Town shirt.

He is genuinely what you would call a "raw talent" yes he runs into dead ends a lot but his close control is as good as I have ever seen, he has pace to burn, he needs focus and learn to pass when a pass is a better option that beating his man.

He would be an unbelievable signing in L1 IMO, he will only get better with good coaching and he knows the club and enjoyed his time with us, he liked Wellens and Wellens liked him, if no Champiosnhip club comes in for him then its an absolute no brainer for his career.

Done ok at Plymouth!

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4469 on: Saturday, May 30, 2020, 11:21:03 »

It'll be individual training, not team.

It looks very much like small group/individual training from the shots. Not great at maintaining physical distancing either, whereas I think a pro club would be better at that. Plus our squad are all furloughed at the moment so they can't train as a squad.

FWIW, the lad who's video it is is Reece Placid, currently at Basildon.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/reece-placid/profil/spieler/460266

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: