Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612208 times)
Gwah

Ignore
« Reply #4200 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 06:18:41 »

DJ

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Flashheart

« Reply #4201 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 11:29:48 »

have a recall period of just a few days

Excuse me if I'm being thick, but what does that mean?
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #4202 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 11:35:50 »

Their clubs have to make a decision whether to recall or not, within a specified time frame of a few days in January, rather than having the whole month to decide.

Presumably this is to protect us from having them recalled at the end of the month, meaning we have little or no time to organise a replacement.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4203 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 11:35:58 »

No its not just you, the wording of that statement is a bit weird, I thought long term loans could not be terminated outside of the transfer windows unless there was a discipline issue.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #4204 on: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 11:50:05 »

Their clubs have to make a decision whether to recall or not, within a specified time frame of a few days in January, rather than having the whole month to decide.

Presumably this is to protect us from having them recalled at the end of the month, meaning we have little or no time to organise a replacement.

Gotcha. Cheers.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4205 on: Sunday, November 24, 2019, 17:47:06 »

Tyler Reid had a dissapointing 45 minutes on Saturday it seems ...

Serious questions need to be asked though about Reid. How is it a loan players coming in and starting is blowing out his arse within 5 minutes and then having to be taken off before even half time?

He was a crock of shite !!!
Reid wasn't injured he wasn't match fit he was struggling before he went off.
Not sure about Tyler Reid seemed ok going forward but heavy touch
Reid for me had a decent cross on him but he was definitely ring rusty not what you want from a one month loan player who the hell vets um

Reid was a joke
Interesting that Tyler Reid said he hadn’t played competitively for months and still feeling the effects of a game he played 2 weeks ago! 2 weeks ago???!! So he basically needs a whole pre season before we would see the best out of him. He didn’t injure himself but got a muscle spasm after making 1 sprint. I can’t believe we’d take a loanee and start him despite being nowhere near match fitness.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4206 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 09:54:58 »

Tyler Reid had a dissapointing 45 minutes on Saturday it seems ...

Its a bit shit that we have a player who has apparently been training here before going out on loan who is apparently so far away from being match fit!
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #4207 on: Monday, November 25, 2019, 11:19:21 »

Worrying comments from Wrexham fans about Tyler Reid indeed. Admittedly it wasn't a particularly intense game, but he played 90 minutes for STFC at Bristol Rovers on 13th November, so should be in some sort of nick.

Compare Reid's 33 mins for Wrexham, to Broadbent's 30+ mins off the bench against Mansfield. Broadbent also played 90 mins against Bristol Rovers, but slotted in really well and helped Swindon combat the physical threat of Mansfield's Andy Cook/Nicky Maynard.

Should the lens zoom in on Reid? Personal responsibility to keep himself as fit as possible / ready to play when required? Disappointing.

Anyway, feels handy for Broadbent to become a genuine option in Wellens' mind again, because in the shape of Grimsby and James Hanson on 7th December... we may consider playing a horses-for-courses centre back to combat that threat? Looking further ahead for Broadbent, when we play Bradford in early January, Clayton Donaldson is a big unit who gave us issues in the 1-2 defeat back in October. It's nice to seemingly have the option again anyway!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4208 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 17:47:39 »

Jermaine McGlashan off the bench for 1 minute as Chesterfield lose 5-1 at home. I think it unlikely Chesterfield will want to keep him past January and who can blame them?
Panda Paws

« Reply #4209 on: Thursday, November 28, 2019, 11:11:26 »

Jermaine McGlashan off the bench for 1 minute as Chesterfield lose 5-1 at home. I think it unlikely Chesterfield will want to keep him past January and who can blame them?

I think it's unlikely they'll want to keep any of their players beyond January!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4210 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 12:27:46 »

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-ready-to-recall-adam-may-from-disappointing-swindon-stay-1-9163773

Adam May probably getting recalled in January. Not much of a loss?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4211 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 12:45:52 »

I’m sure we’d be sending him back anyway. Utterly useless in every game he has played and offers nothin.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4212 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 13:19:46 »

He's quite young, good luck to him. Not ready to challenge for a spot yet based on what little I've seen.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4213 on: Thursday, December 5, 2019, 13:34:45 »

He's quite young, good luck to him. Not ready to challenge for a spot yet based on what little I've seen.
He's 22 so not really that young, he just doesn't seem very good at anything. No pace, no positional awareness, can't tackle, no creativity... I don't know what he does offer. We've lost every game he's started or played for a significant period in haven't we?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4214 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 17:05:06 »

Tyler Reid’s loan at Wrexham extended until Jan 18. Didn’t realise he’s only played a couple of games for them due to a muscle injury.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: