Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1617213 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4170 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 13:33:05 »

Would he be vying for Anderson’s spot if he is not fit? Him or Woolery? Or I have got his position wrong?
Yeah that will be his possible position, or even Isgrove too, will mean one of the 6 loanees will have to miss out though, I would guess thats May.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #4171 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 13:51:47 »

I would guess thats May.

No loss there.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4172 on: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 13:52:44 »

No loss there.
Absolutely, have been massively unimpressed with every time I have seen him play, he needs to go back in January so we can get a a better option in.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #4173 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 14:34:56 »

Cameron McGilp on loan at Hungerford, playing today.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4174 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 06:09:30 »

Looks like Donohue is going to be a perm.

2 out of our 6 loanees are cup tied for the weekend - that’s probably any 2 from Grant, Doyle and Yates.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4175 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 07:49:52 »

Looks like Donohue is going to be a perm.

2 out of our 6 loanees are cup tied for the weekend - that’s probably any 2 from Grant, Doyle and Yates.
Donohue will prove to be an extremely astute acquisition IMO... Yes
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4176 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 08:05:29 »

He's been good but when is Donohue due to 'face the music'?

He has previous...

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/teenager-pleads-guilty-assaulting-woman-2670516
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4177 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 09:05:22 »

He's been good but when is Donohue due to 'face the music'?

He has previous...

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/teenager-pleads-guilty-assaulting-woman-2670516

No idea the incident was back in August so its been a while, suppose worry for the club would be would be with the previous, if guilty is a custodial likely?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4178 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 09:56:38 »

Donohue is the left back we have been badly missing for many years, Wellens seems to prefer Fryers at CB, Gotta be a decent signing even if this case is hanging over his head at the moment and with his "previous".

As for the 2 loan players not able to be involved I would think its Doyle and DJ, Grant isn't wanted at Shrews so I think its unlikely to be him as they want him off the books asap.

It could be May as well because I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Pompey in January as hes a waste of a loan space IMO and a really poor player.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #4179 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 10:08:36 »

I see Cameron McGilp scored twice for Hungerford at the weekend in their 3-0 away win at Braintree.

https://www.hungerfordtown.com/teams/11575/match-centre/1-4489064/report

He was also selected in the National League South team of the week.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4180 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 10:12:07 »

As for the 2 loan players not able to be involved I would think its Doyle and DJ, Grant isn't wanted at Shrews so I think its unlikely to be him as they want him off the books asap.

I may have imagined this, however if we have a deal in place to sign Doyle would it not be sensible to activate this and avoid the cup tied issues (I know we cannot sign him till the window is open but a simple side agreement between the clubs to honour the contract should suffice?)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4181 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 10:26:11 »

I may have imagined this, however if we have a deal in place to sign Doyle would it not be sensible to activate this and avoid the cup tied issues (I know we cannot sign him till the window is open but a simple side agreement between the clubs to honour the contract should suffice?)
If we indeed do have a deal in place for Doyle as has been alluded to then yes it would make perfect sense to allow him to play.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4182 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 10:49:13 »

Donohue is the left back we have been badly missing for many years, Wellens seems to prefer Fryers at CB, Gotta be a decent signing even if this case is hanging over his head at the moment and with his "previous".

It could be May as well because I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Pompey in January as hes a waste of a loan space IMO and a really poor player.
I’d guess the 2 are Doyle and Grant. Both their parent clubs were desperate to get rid of them, but surely their form to date may have changed their thinking. I can’t see DJ being anywhere near the Norwich 1st XI.

I still can’t see any reason why neither club is willing to make public whether Doyle has a recall clause or not. If I had to guess, I’d say it was at Bradford’s request to nullify any flak from their fans.

If Doyle has turned out to be shite, would we have a clause to return him in January or would we still be obliged to carry on coughing up his wages? Works both ways.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #4183 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 11:02:23 »

Also doesn't being cup-tied diminish any possible transfer value for the selling club. I know Doyle can't play for anyone else this season other than Bradford (as stated on here), but if Shrewsbury want to max out Grant isn't more likely that he would be unavailable for the cup?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4184 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 12:45:36 »

I know its not the exactly the same situation but from memory* remember when Cureton did fuck all for us then went on loan to Colchester and ripped it up. Including playing in the FA Cup scoring something like 5 goals in one match?
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: