Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612315 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #4110 on: Sunday, July 7, 2019, 13:57:02 »

McGilp is definately just a midfielder.

Agreed. Excluding the two we believe he wants gone (McGlashan and Dave) and the two kids Bancroft/Graham.

We have

Rose
Doughty
McGlip (barely ever played league football)
May (not looked great in the friendlies yet)
Iandolo (what is his position? assumed he was LB cover more than midfield)

Its very light. I think i said before i'm surprised its taken an injury to Rose to prompt him to look for another defensive midfield player. He wants another number 10/winger as well so i guess there is 2 more to add to this pool.

In an interview he has said he is considering Woolery as a forward this year and he wants 2 more to compliment Woolery and Yates. Guess that means we consider Anderson as a 10 and maybe playing more of a midfield role this year as well?

I guess if he shifts the two he doesn't want then there could be another midfielder come in as well.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4111 on: Sunday, July 7, 2019, 14:16:47 »

Call me old fashioned, but judging players on the back of 2 low key friendlies seems a tad twattish.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4112 on: Sunday, July 7, 2019, 17:55:47 »

McGilp can play both in midfield and defence but I'll change it....

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4113 on: Monday, July 8, 2019, 07:53:50 »

Agreed. Excluding the two we believe he wants gone (McGlashan and Dave) and the two kids Bancroft/Graham.

We have

Rose
Doughty
McGlip (barely ever played league football)
May (not looked great in the friendlies yet)
Iandolo (what is his position? assumed he was LB cover more than midfield)

Its very light. I think i said before i'm surprised its taken an injury to Rose to prompt him to look for another defensive midfield player. He wants another number 10/winger as well so i guess there is 2 more to add to this pool.

In an interview he has said he is considering Woolery as a forward this year and he wants 2 more to compliment Woolery and Yates. Guess that means we consider Anderson as a 10 and maybe playing more of a midfield role this year as well?

I guess if he shifts the two he doesn't want then there could be another midfielder come in as well.

Conroy as the holder is one to consider.... we can still put out Audrey, Ballard and Broadbent if wanting a back 3.

There'll be 3 weeks til KO when they get back from Spain, and although in a better state than last season, still a bit of tweaking to do.  The outcome of which is really going to show us the intent. 

I don't think you can rely on Rose to give you 46 games, so if Toumani is a no go, we'll need another. A couple of front men will also need to come in.... yes we have to be patient, but recall last season waiting for Norris/Mullin replacements which never happened
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4114 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 11:34:18 »

McGilp can play both in midfield and defence but I'll change it....

Doughty can play left back, Anderson can play striker, Dunne could play right back, Lancashire could play midfield...doesn't mean they will or should though Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4115 on: Monday, July 15, 2019, 08:35:32 »

I assume Doughty only spent a couple of days in La Manga last week, as we all know he only trains part time.....  Wink
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4116 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 05:43:35 »

diagouraga and McGlashan been told to find new clubs

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4117 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:25:09 »

Had a butchers at the U18 team training earlier for five minutes as I cycled by the CG. Also snuck a look at the pitch while a delivery was being made via the Stratton Bank, as usual looks superb.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4118 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 11:32:44 »

Had a butchers at the U18 team training earlier for five minutes as I cycled by the CG. Also snuck a look at the pitch while a delivery was being made via the Stratton Bank, as usual looks superb.
Marcus Cassidy posted a pic on Facebook last week, it does indeed look superb, but then it always does, he is an amazing groundsman.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4119 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:44:15 »

Marcus Cassidy posted a pic on Facebook last week, it does indeed look superb, but then it always does, he is an amazing groundsman.
Or a very good photographer Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4120 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 12:47:36 »

Or a very good photographer Smiley
Tis all tricks of the light.

Typical Plymough fan! smoke and mirrors.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4121 on: Sunday, July 21, 2019, 06:09:31 »

Injury update.

Rose, as we know, out til mid August. McGilp out for 4-5 weeks with hamstring.

Wellens now saying Conroy isn’t a natural defensive midfielder - the complete opposite of what he said earlier in the week!

If he wants a DM Jason Lowe is looking for a way out of Bolton.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 21, 2019, 06:49:53 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4122 on: Sunday, July 21, 2019, 08:47:46 »

Wellens now saying Conroy isn’t a natural defensive midfielder - the complete opposite of what he said earlier in the week!
No it isn't. It actually backs up what he said in the week, when he said that Conroy could fill in for that role but does need a bit work. He never said he was a natural DM.

If it’s not, then I’m not overly desperate. I think Dion (Conroy) can be really good for us and sit and break the game up.

I know what’s required after playing in that position, and Dion does need a bit of work. But if we get that work into him, then he can be a top player in that position.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 21, 2019, 14:10:00 by Exiled Bob » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #4123 on: Sunday, July 21, 2019, 08:51:05 »

McGilp and Rose have hardly had a kick between them since joining. It does make me slightly nervous about signing the likes of Isgrove. If a player has a chronic injury, it is tough to overcome - even more so when you move to a club with a less advanced physio team. Let’s hope they can all get fit and stay fit - we can’t carry passengers - certainly not 3.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4124 on: Thursday, July 25, 2019, 11:56:56 »

Luke Haines-> Chippers (loan)
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: