Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611730 times)
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #4065 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 09:37:09 »

Don't reckon either will be here next season. Surely you would want your future sorted (if with Swindon) before going away unless you, or agent, are looking at other options.

I like RW honesty and transparency but not at the cost of rubbing players the wrong way.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4066 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 09:45:49 »

Knoyle would be a loss. Conroy is replaceable.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #4067 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 12:04:13 »

It would be nice to think Conroy would replace the faith put in him, for the latter part of the season. He was hopeless when he came back. Against Cambridge he was worse than Lancashire, who was booed.
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #4068 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 14:22:28 »

It would be nice to think Conroy would replace the faith put in him, for the latter part of the season. He was hopeless when he came back. Against Cambridge he was worse than Lancashire, who was booed.

Let’s hope he has some love left for the club and some sentiment. Could be said about both of them to be honest. Both began playing a lot better under Wellen’s, even if he does like to call people out in the press.
Flashheart

« Reply #4069 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:14:06 »

Joe Romanski signs a 1 year contract.
Old_Town_Red

Ignore
« Reply #4070 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:40:56 »

Joe Romanski signs a 1 year contract.

Happy with that. Cover for CB and LB next season sorted.

Good to see the young players like Henry, Romanski and Twine getting contracts, covers bases and probably all low wages which can then be used elsewhere.

Has RW said if he preferred him at CB or LB?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4071 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:53:43 »

I don't think Romanski will ever make it as a full back, he should stick to centre back and learn his trade, too much utility is good for filling in but not good for improving in one position.

Send him out on loan for 6 months, tell them we want him played as a centre back then weight up his progress then.

I have not been impressed when he has played at LB.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4072 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 12:55:32 »

I'm not convinced Romanski will make it as a league footballer, but more than happy to be proved wrong and I'm sure Wellens knows better than I do!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4073 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 13:05:13 »

I'm not convinced Romanski will make it as a league footballer, but more than happy to be proved wrong and I'm sure Wellens knows better than I do!
Even hes not sure, in his last interview on the radio he said he is still closely monitoring Joe during his loan at Bath playing 8 times for them so he must have seen somthing. I too am not convinced yet.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4074 on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 20:36:54 »

Has it been noted how much Romanski looks like Hugh Skinner off of W1A?

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4075 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 06:27:48 »

With Wellens now stating he wants to play 2 strikers - and therefore he needs 4 strikers - and playing 2 up top depends on the midfielders he wants, is he going 3-5-2 or 4-4-2?

Interesting that even in his dotage Richards was on good money, according to Wellens. Now freed up.

I think we’ll get more out of the ‘frozen’ budget next season. Taylor must similarly have been on a good whack.

Lot of deadwood cleared out, too.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4076 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 06:53:19 »

Robertson, Lancashire, Taylor, Richards and Vigs must have been on decent money and Dunne and McCourt on not bad wages too and thats ignoring Smith and the 3 youngsters.

If Knoyle and Conroy leave thats 2 more decent wages gone, that must be enough to attract 7 or 8 good quality players.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4077 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 07:14:02 »

‘If’ we can sign Devitt, I think that’s going to be a very good marker that we mean business next season. And you would think that other players that are maybe weighing up signing for 3 or 4 clubs may choose us as they can see the calibre of player we are looking to sign to help us in our aim of promotion.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4078 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 07:30:00 »

The transfer window is a strange beast. Get linked to players we’ve never heard of or know if they’re any good or not, then get peeved if they go elsewhere.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4079 on: Friday, May 24, 2019, 08:24:47 »

‘If’ we can sign Devitt, I think that’s going to be a very good marker that we mean business next season. And you would think that other players that are maybe weighing up signing for 3 or 4 clubs may choose us as they can see the calibre of player we are looking to sign to help us in our aim of promotion.

There is a sort of jungle grapevine in football, whereby player and agents become aware that a club means business, by spending a bit of money. Doesn't really matter, if it's dodgy like Bury, as agents know the players and themselves will get the money eventually.

Power would need to do something unlikely for that to happen, and certainly going the Bury road would be undesirable, so we'll repeat the pattern of last season, cobble together a squad and hope Wellens has some x factor. It can happen
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: