Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611441 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3930 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 12:35:44 »

Jesus, that's a drop.

Eek
I was going to post something similar. Thats a few divisions below the Conference.

It must be to ease him back to fitness because his footballing career will probably gain very little from playing in that league.

As Reg says Chelsea tried to sign him as a 14 year old for £100k but he turned down the move, had the world at his feet and was called up by Scotland at U15 and U16 level then the injuries hit him badly.

The plus point though is that hes still only 19 but he seems to have been around a lot longer having been in the Town 1st team squad when he was just 16.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3931 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 13:20:44 »

McGlashan to Wrexham on loan
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3932 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 13:36:02 »

Slightly conflicted by over McGlashen. I don't think anyone will be bothered he's gone, but I still feel his speed can be useful off the bench.

Odd how he came off the bench, set one up, then didn't play again.

Still, what do I know.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3933 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 13:50:15 »

Pryce got a brace and was labelled the laziest trainer.

Assists and goals won't save you under Richie Wellens...

Smiley
Panda Paws

« Reply #3934 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 14:00:43 »

Good move for JM - certainly don't see him in the current 433 set up at all, especially with Bennett coming in.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3935 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 14:08:45 »

Good move for JM - certainly don't see him in the current 433 set up at all, especially with Bennett coming in.
This.

I see no place for him in our current formation and think Brown signed him because he had worked with him before, always is a trier but he will be a casualty in the Summer, hes not really good enough.

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, I think Iandolo, McGlashan and Smith will be the eggs to be broken 1st, followed by Robertson, Lancashire and Richards.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3936 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 14:24:57 »

Hopefully he can do his part and stop Salford City getting promoted, dreading the 'class of 92' love in if they go up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3937 on: Thursday, March 7, 2019, 14:49:52 »

This.

I see no place for him in our current formation and think Brown signed him because he had worked with him before, always is a trier but he will be a casualty in the Summer, hes not really good enough.

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, I think Iandolo, McGlashan and Smith will be the eggs to be broken 1st, followed by Robertson, Lancashire and Richards.

Yep.  Worked up and down and kept shape well enough.... but you do need a bit more than that.  Contracted for next season, so hopefully he does well and prefers to play rather than sitting on arse.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3938 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 10:59:47 »

Wellens now wants to offer Dion Conroy a new contract.... given his bad luck with injury last season, I think most Town fans would regard it is fair enough, as he looks someone who could improve.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #3939 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 11:08:20 »

Wellens now wants to offer Dion Conroy a new contract.... given his bad luck with injury last season, I think most Town fans would regard it is fair enough, as he looks someone who could improve.

I mentioned Conroy in the last match day thread.

Wouldn’t be so sure on that. Conroy has been quite good recently, helped obviously by having someone as physical and dependable as Broadbent beside him. His bursts forwards and eye for a pass/cross played a part in goals against both Grimsby and ColU. I guess he hasn’t yet been tested by a truly physical forward like Akinfenwa but I’ve been quite impressed by him.

Signing Sid would be great for competition for places, though.

Glad to see Wellens agrees. Dion’s been great recently.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3940 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 11:15:38 »

Conroy has improved vastly already with Broadbent alongside him, hes turning into the player that Chelsea first spotted 10 years ago.

Still only 22 with loads of room to improve if he keeps his fitness.

Flashheart

« Reply #3941 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 11:21:11 »

Conroy had already proven in the past that he's a good player. He'd just been out for a long time and needed games. Although it would obviously help playing alongside another good defender and having a manager that knows what he's doing.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3942 on: Friday, March 8, 2019, 14:26:26 »

Conroy was a little ropey when he got back to fitness, and he still has a midfielders mind when defending with the ball at times.  However, he has improved rapidly and for the first time in a while the centre backs look comfortable with each other.
Flashheart

« Reply #3943 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 12:59:55 »

Sol Pryce joins Bath City on loan.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3944 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 13:12:04 »

Sol Pryce joins Bath City on loan.

Strange how Wellens is seemingly not interested in him, thought he looked handy the few games he played
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: