Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611514 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3810 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 11:48:33 »

Right let me see if I've got this right... on the one occasion in the last 6 seasons that EB mentioned when Theo scored in 3 games out of 4.... that justifies him scoring in "batches". Sorry don't see it.  Interestingly in that trot, he scored v Oldham managed by Wellens.  I'm sure Theo brings something, but a goal rush doesn't look to be likely on the past 6 years.

EB maintains Wellens is right in his interpretation, yet a scan of the stats reveals one other occasion in the last 6 years where Theo scored in back to back games.

Call it nonsense if you want, but I don't think it is and will continue to try and interpret the facts.

He also scored a  batch of 7 goals in 14 matches between November 2016 and February 2017.......and 3 in 7 in November/December 2014.

I wouldn't put it outside the bounds of possibilty that these little spells of goalscoring are what Wellens remembers.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3811 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 12:41:10 »

He also scored a  batch of 7 goals in 14 matches between November 2016 and February 2017.......and 3 in 7 in November/December 2014.

I wouldn't put it outside the bounds of possibilty that these little spells of goalscoring are what Wellens remembers.

One of which was scored in the FL... 50% of his total for that season, happily the other was v Oxford.

Wellens may remember 12/13, when he was reasonably prolific in Div 2.... but that's quite some time ago in football terms.

Marc Richards for example would have had several hot streaks during that time and duly delivered 5 scoring games in 7, when Flitcroft brought him in yielding 3 consecutive home wins, before Flitcroft bailed.   Wellens is no doubt thinking Theo can do something similar, who knows maybe he will, maybe Wellens can get something out of him, that others haven't in recent years.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3812 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 18:00:42 »

Or maybe, just maybe Theo will chip in with say 4 or 5 goals but he will enable potentially someone like Woolery/Keshi/Doughty a little more freedom to get into the box and shoot on sight. You know, a deterrent. Clubs will be looking more at how to stop Theo creating space  but it could be distraction enough at this level. It may give House (who we've not seen a lot of yet) a little more time on the ball or to be able to nod down/lay off for an on rushing Woolery/Whoever is in the box at the time. Also if Doughty has been taken off I'm sure Theo will be up for taking a penalty or two.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3813 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 08:19:44 »

Sam Parkin scored 4 goals in 40 games for Northampton.

He did a little better for us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3814 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 10:01:59 »

Sam Parkin wasn't 30 with 14 clubs behind him.

bit of a pointless comparison
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3815 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 11:39:41 »

Not really.

Different players perform differently at different club. Any age, any level.

FWIW I think Robinson is an awful player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3816 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 11:48:36 »

obviously I hope he does.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #3817 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 13:19:21 »

Shall we discuss tampons and toilet paper in this thread since we obviously don't want to have squad list discussions anymore?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3818 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 13:53:28 »

Is the toilet paper good for 10 goals between now and the end of the season... if so,  sign him up.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3819 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 13:55:03 »

Is the toilet paper good for 10 goals between now and the end of the season... if so,  sign him up.
Knowing our luck we would only get Tesco value toilet paper and thats not worth the paper its shitted on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3820 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 13:09:53 »

Scott Twine signs an extention until June 2021.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/twine-signs-new-deal/?fbclid=IwAR0MUrjq-wIJrawQSUknaPB7DWMrAvsutFE_6eXnns3emM8z7HHAH-EIWrk

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3821 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 13:16:38 »

I want to like twine and want him to succeed, but when you compare his performances with other youth teamers who have gone on to make the grade (jutkiewicz, the Thompson’s, bodin, even throw in Austin as well), he looks so far behind them in terms of development

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3822 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 13:23:18 »

Physical development, yes.

On a purely footballing  basis I think he’s very skilful. Get him on 3 Shredded Wheat and he’ll be fine.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3823 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 13:31:29 »

I want to like twine and want him to succeed, but when you compare his performances with other youth teamers who have gone on to make the grade (jutkiewicz, the Thompson’s, bodin, even throw in Austin as well), he looks so far behind them in terms of development

I am not sure anyone, including him, knows where to play him.  That's not good for a youngster trying to break into a first team.  Versatility is a trait that becomes useful after solidifying yourself in a squad - like N Thompson.  Everyone you listed had a clear home in the team, Jutkiewicz was only ever going to be a centre forward, L Thompson was a central midfielder, Bodin was a forward but possibly the closest to Twine when with us.  Based on what I have seen of him, he'd do well to focus on being a wide player, but he's not good enough at it yet.  He wants to get involved so he doesn't look like a central forward player to me.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3824 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 13:32:55 »

Was thinking about Jutkiewicz the other day (not like that!), he has gone on to have a pretty decent career since leaving Town, overall nearly 400 games, majority at Championship and Premier level.

Just to make you all feel old, he turns 30 this year.......
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: