Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1618220 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3780 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 11:56:53 »

Unlikely to be Toums as he states "will benefit from playing at a lower level" Toums has nothing to prove but Twine, Iandolo, Young, Smith and Henry all would.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3781 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 12:04:50 »

Worries me how many players he seems to have a pop at if i am honest. I know some will jump down my throat for it but just do not see this style working these days. It's ok him saying he does not understand the modern player mentality but that is what he is working with

I think it's the pressure of the job, when he came in he mostly talked a lot of sense, gradually becoming a bit more incoherent as the difficulties started to become more apparent.... mostly the historically poor home form and how to man manage players.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3782 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 13:10:54 »

Unlikely to be Toums as he states "will benefit from playing at a lower level" Toums has nothing to prove but Twine, Iandolo, Young, Smith and Henry all would.

More likely to be the likes of Smith and maybe Conroy
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3783 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 13:17:46 »

I think it's the pressure of the job, when he came in he mostly talked a lot of sense, gradually becoming a bit more incoherent as the difficulties started to become more apparent.... mostly the historically poor home form and how to man manage players.
In what way do you think he has become incoherent?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #3784 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 14:28:35 »

Apparently Waterford is one of the preferred choices for loan player(s) to go to. I wonder whose influence that is?  Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3785 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 14:39:27 »

Apparently Waterford is one of the preferred choices for loan player(s) to go to. I wonder whose influence that is?  Hmmm
Not true is it though it's just more stuff to hit Power with and it is this kind of rumour that makes it impossible for anyone to actually form any solid opinion on Power these days.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3786 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 14:49:11 »

In what way do you think he has become incoherent?

Not wanting too many loan players, then getting 6.

Saying not thinking of PO's as you can lose 2 games, which is sort of what has happened so the others disappear out of view, then saying Robinson is in for a crack at the PO's

Saying Robinson scores in batches.... he doesn't, as 13 FL goals in 3 and 2/3 seasons testifies.

Correctly pointing out we've been poor at home for several years.... then saying it's because the players can't handle the pressure.... I don't think that is the reason.

It's what happens gaffers come in with good intentions then get taken over by events...... the good ones can sort it out, the no good ones can't, as yet we've no idea as to what sort Wellens is, but I'll say again I reckon he needs 4 home wins, minimum, to suggest next season could be better.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #3787 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 14:53:31 »

Not true is it though it's just more stuff to hit Power with and it is this kind of rumour that makes it impossible for anyone to actually form any solid opinion on Power these days.

Absolutely not a rumour!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #3788 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 15:21:27 »

Vigs

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3789 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 15:31:32 »

Its rubbish anyway, so whats the options for our loan players the National League or lower or the LoI Premier, I imagine that there is little difference in both and at a club that Power controls we will have more control over the way the loanee is played and for recall etc etc.

This Power bashing is getting evermore desperate.
Flashheart

« Reply #3790 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 15:32:21 »

One player has gone on loan to Waterford. One (1).

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3791 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 15:41:09 »

One player has gone on loan to Waterford. One (1).

Plus its a difficult choice for the player, possibility of playing in Europa League or FA Trophy, its a tough one....
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3792 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 17:28:37 »

I don’t see how Waterford is even that bad a move for the younger squad members.

Vigs was probably too good to go across but he seemed to enjoy it. Tom Smith and Jake Evans have, just about, kept their pro careers going too so it’s not been that detrimental.

I think a trip to Ireland would do Ellis Iandolo and Jordan Young, for example, the world of good. I’d go to Waterford ahead of the National League South.

But yeah, grrrrr Lee Power.
Flashheart

« Reply #3793 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 17:37:43 »

Tom Smith and Jake Evans

I forgot that they went as well, but it hardly sets the cat among the pigeons.

This is one of those rumours where, if it is the best people have, it suggests things are going quite smoothly.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3794 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 17:56:11 »

I forgot that they went as well, but it hardly sets the cat among the pigeons.

This is one of those rumours where, if it is the best people have, it suggests things are going quite smoothly.

Other than the facts back up Ticker to some extent... it's hardly surprising given that Power owns both clubs..  It will be interesting to see what becomes of Noel Hunt, as I believe the Irish season starts in Feb, and Wellens has got in Lifter for cone duties.  Hunt always looked like a move of conveneience in reverse to Vigs, Smith and Evans.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: